Do you think the Society has spies on sites like this?

by easyreader1970 46 Replies latest jw friends

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

Not that any of them would post, but do you think that they have people who they secretly have visit anti-JW sites and forums like this just for the purpose of seeing what people are saying about them and what their current members might stumble upon?

If you google JWs, the first couple are official, the next two are wikis, then you have an anti-JW site and then there's this one. Any current or potential member that is looking for more information than is published by the WBTS will be directed to these sites.

Do you think they have tried to have these sites removed?

er

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Do they spy on sites like this? Yes, I think so. Always good to know your enemy.

Do you think they've tried to get them removed? Yes, I think so. I am glad to see they haven't succeeded!

momz

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

It is not a think, it is a know.

It only makes sense for an organization to gather intelligence on the "opposition."

That is why it is so enjoyable to know that people from Bethel are reading these
    various true experiences about the lies, deception, and other things going on in the organization. Of course, it also behooves us to make sure we lay out the truth of our experiences, and not fit the "apoztate!" stereotype so that they write us off.

• wings
    wings

From what others have posted on this subject, I would have to say yes they check out these sites.

It would be world war III if they ever tried to shut these sites down. They are powerless against a thinking mind, much less thousands of them.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I wouldn't be surprised if they offered Simon a HUGE amount of money for the domain name.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I know I have posted this before ,so to repeat ,I KNOW they read this site.
    When we were picketing Brooklyn Bethel ,I wondered around the back of the building ,& a brother? was walking quickly to escape me..I ran after him to ask,why would he not talk to me, ? He said " Because I see what you apostates write on the Internet"
    So if any of the Brothers or Sisters ? in Brooklyn Bethel happen to sneak a peek today...Welcome to FREEDOM ,Only Jehovah can see you....But I for one love ya!!!!

Grace Gough..

..turn on to Mcgregor Ministries you can here my testimony when I was walking the beat for 25 years preaching the robot stuff you are

http://www.jwinfoline.com/

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Hi Guys and Gals at Bethel!

momz

• justhuman
    justhuman

Defenetely they have spies..in fact I know that for the Greek ex-JW webside they have a Bethelite that is appointed for this reason. He is spying and records the Famous Greek Apostates.

WT indeed sued the Canadian webside watchtowerquotes.ca because they have "confusing" for the readers articles regarding WT. And the web side was only quoting from the WT magazines(Not a good idea to have all the bullshits that Russell, and Booze Jo have said)

It is not I think questions, it is how many spies they have on the major Worldwide apostatic websides

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Watchtower society successfully shut down the Quotes site, which was very good, citing copyright infractions. I think the young man would have won his case but in this case, "might is right". The society could afford to wait him out until his funds were exhausted.

The BOE letters were once openly available on the 'net. That site was taken down by some well-timed judicial action on the site owner.

Recently (in the past year, I believe) the Watchtower society shut down an evangelical site which carried anti-JW materials. They claimed they were hate literature. I believe the site owner decided to shut down the site rather than "compromise" their message.

Are they spies? Not really. The internet is open to everyone.

Besides Bethelite watchers, I do believe that some overzealous "brothers" and "sisters" come here looking for people they know, on the chance they can be "outed". I say, come on in. They have just as much chance of being "corrupted" by new information as anyone else.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

But as soon as anyone starts reading information, they're gonna have a serious... crisis of conscience. How can they effectively spy without losing followers to reality?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit