Mr. Flipper & Son Hear, See, and Get Footprints of Bigfoot on Pack Trip

by flipper 81 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Of course many need to look at this with caution and even skepicism. That's fine.
    But before you just skoff at it, keep this quote in mind:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    William Shakespeare

• flipper
    flipper

DANIEL-p- True, I agree I should have taken pictures of the prints at snow or ground level, to see the depth perception of the prints. Good point. The prints were 2 inches deep.

LOW KEY LYSMITH- I agree with you . There are new species of animals discovered all the time . It is no stretch to think a Bigfoot is inhabiting he forests. I too have backpacked for 35 years and have only seen bears 2 times either camping or backpacking. I've seen their tracks everywhere, their scat, but bears too are shy animals when it comes to being around humans. We really are learning all the time about what's out there.

BURN the SHIPS- Thanks for the pictures of the skunk ape ! So you prove my point- there are apes in North America.

NATHAN NATAS- THanks for the article on casting in snow. I'll have to try it sometime.

IN RAINBOWS- I accept that you disagree with me. That's fine. But don't diss my sources until you check it out thoroughly- not from a gossip newspaper. I have provided proof for myself by my own photographs , and provided sites for you to google if you want to check it out for yourself. If you consider yourself more of an informed expert on this subject than primatologists ( such as Jane Goodall who supports Jeff Meldrum's research and who believes in Bigfoot ) and others in the scientific community who are starting to agree with the research of the anthropologist Meldrum, then by all means , go ahead and criticize away. I doubt you have read any of the details of their research , so you do not fully know of what you are speaking about. But I don't need or live for your approval to know what I saw on this trip last weekend , roaring vocalizations, 14 inch footprints, and a sighting by my son. So , you have your take, and I have mine - big deal.

OTWO- Very true. There are a lot of things in life we haven't come to know fully yet . And I'm quite sure what's left of the rest of our lives will be full of surprises as well

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

(Mr.) flipper:

FUNKY DEREK- If you look at the snow picture more carefully- my boot is just to the right of the white clearer area which is the footprint. It doesn't have as many pine needles in it- because it was freshly put there probably within a few days before.

Still quite hard to see, I'm afraid. Certainly impossible for me to identify it as a footprint, sasquatch or otherwise. Maybe it looked clearer in reality.

My family and I do not have a Bigfoot experience every time we go camping. My son saw one a year ago- so we went back to the same spot.

I thought he had at least two previous near-misses, one of which you were directly involved in. I have occasionally been mistaken, so I checked your post history and it turns out I was right.

Do yourself a favor- educate and inform yourself by reading Jeff Meldrum's book- " Sasquatch- Legend Meets Science " before you are so willing to criticize something you have done no research on. Meldrum is a Idaho State University professor of Anatomy and anthropology who, along with other scientists are currently researching, and bringing out new verified information on the proof of Bigfoot's existence.

For any aspect of "woo-woo", be it cryptozoology or alien abductions, there will always be a respectable face, somebody who has real academic credentials who unaccountably believes the legends to be true. This can be a very lucrative hobby, but it can lead to ostracism from one's peers. Meldrum is entirely typical in this regard.

To bury one's head in the sand , is like Jehovah's Witnesses refusing to see that they don't have other options.

Oh come now, I do no such thing. Show me the evidence and I will change my mind. Your picture of snow, once again, is simply not convincing enough.

The proof is there. There have been DNA samples taken of hair, flesh, and scat - and all three have yielded an " unknown species " label attributed to the samples.

It's quite difficult to identify a species from a DNA sample if the tests are not restricted to a small number of candidates so that in itself isn't really surprising. Can you provide a primary source for this claim anyway, please. I'd like to investigate it further.

No known match to other animals. So if you doubt this - prove me wrong by reading the book. Then once you have completely informed yourself - then you'd be better able to debate with me - instead of shooting words off your hip like you are all-knowing or something. If you come away after reading that book, then feel the same way- then fine, I'll respect that.

So now, instead of just pointing out the obvious fact that you have no evidence I have to read and debunk a book just because you've read it. How did the burden of proof shift on to me?

But the evidence is irrefutable for Bigfoot's existence !

Then, for gods' sake, present it! A single in-focus picture, or hell, even a clear footprint would be something. I really don't know why you think you have evidence. You enter a forest known to be populated by bears and when you glimpse a large hairy mammal you immediately dismiss the possibility that it's a bear. Any noise you hear that you can't identify must be a sasquatch. You look around for footprints and virtually anything you find will do. You triumphantly present a picture of snow as if it was proof of something. You wave around a book you've read as if the very fact that someone else shares your delusion proves it is true.

It might be worth reflecting on why you think the complete and total lack of evidence you have for your favoured hypothesis should be counted as evidence. You wouldn't accept it for a proposition you didn't have an emotional investment in, and if you can distance yourself from this issue I'm sure you'll be able to see why I don't find your "evidence" convincing.

• Xena
    Xena

hehe @ manbearpig....I'm totally CEREAL!

• Mary
    Mary
    Burn the ships said: Here in Florida we have the Skunk Ape. And yes we have pictures.

That's not a skunk ape------That's the Presiding Overseer in my old Hall........Oh wait a minute, I guess that is a skunk ape.

alt

• flipper
    flipper

FUNKY DEREK- The burden of proof rests on you because I have already proved it to myself. Carry on. I don't need to prove anything to you - I gave you the things to check out if you care to do so.

XENA- Manbearpig. Guess there are lots of those around ! LOL!

MARY- So this ape was your P.O. in your congregation ? Was this the same guy who tried to pick up on you when you were 17 ? LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dawg
    dawg

Your son is a very handsome man, and if he's half the person you are, then he's one hell of a man also. Very interesting story, I was wondering how things went.

• flipper
    flipper

DAWG- Hey , thanks friend- I appreciate it. It was a great trip. We had lots of fun out in the deep woods with our hairy, loud, vocalizing friend - from a distance ! I've never heard anything like it in my life ! It was a trip. Hope you are doin' great bud ! We are going again in September possibly , so maybe you can come out with us ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I do concede that Mr. Flipper's son is HOT!

For the rest, I'm gonna need more evidence.

Cog

• flipper
    flipper

COGNIZANT DISS- Hey, thanks ! Yeah ! My son is a bit of a chip off the old block if I do say so myself ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit