I'm new too!

by Annointeds Daughter 72 Replies latest jw friends

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

Welcome, it is so wonderful that you have seen the light as a couple. You are truly blessed!

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

Welcome! I hope you find this place and supportive and comforting as I have...even within just a few days!

• yknot
    yknot

alt

Congratulations !!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

at first I didn't know what you meant about your husband disconnecting you - glad it means he helped you get out of the org. Your avatar is interesting - what's the story?

• Annointeds Daughter
    Annointeds Daughter

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I can't believe how fast everybody is answering!

Hortensia: My avatar is an icon of a Saint. It was meant to be funny because my dad is "annointed" for which I'm supposed to inherit some of his enlightment. Don't you think?

For those of you who still have family inside the org, I can feel your pain. All of my family is still inside: parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins.....3 generations!!! They know I have "doubts" and are praying for me and I know they are sincere in their concerns. They feel they need to save me. I've tried to show them some facts about the org, but so far the only thing I have accomplished is almost making them talk to the elders in my cong. They think I've become an apostate and a danger to other witnesses. It's devastating! This sucks!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, Annointeds Daughter!

I'm happy that tookthredpill was able to "disconnect" you, and
    wish you the best on your journey out of the Borg together.

~Sue

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

that is one of the saddest themes on JWD - the loss of family and friends. I think it's one of the reasons this site is so addictive - we've all lost a lot due to the WTBTS. I'm glad you and your husband have each other. I like your avatar and the idea it represents.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi A D,

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

Chris

• Galileo
    Galileo

I am so profoundly happy for you, for you both. Too often the WT destroys families because one mate learns the truth and the other closes them off. That is what happened to me and to many, many others. You have helped restore my faith in marriage and in humanity. May I offer my warmest welcome to you.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Welcome! I came out of the borg by myself. My wife joined me later. It has turned out to be a good thing for us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit