Thank you, Watchtower, Bible and Tract Society!

by David_R 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Welcome David. Ignore the trolls&loyal witlesses here and enjoy your freedom!

• David_Rupp
    David_Rupp

Thank you for all the responses!

By the way, for those out there who responded with 'you just had a problem, and left, and just showed up here', well..you are way off (not that there is anythign wrong with that).

I have been out 9 years and no, I didn't drift away. Check out a little of my bio. I am using my full name. I am proud of finally standing up to what I knew didn't make sense and leaving despite the hardship it has put me through and my family, ex-friends.

I was a very 'strong' witness until my late 20's. I was a regular pioneer for several years along with my wife, was on several circuit assembly parts (doesn't really matter, just establishing background) and decided to leave when my questions could not be answered well. I even wrote the Society several times asking questions - eventually they no longer answered. One of my big contentions was how they dealt with rape victims in the past. Until the last decade, the Society actually considered the victim partially at fault.

Anyway, I am proud to be here. My post here was after being out 9 years, being in the Army, and going back to a Kingdom Hall to attend my best-friends funeral. This is what inspired my comments. Those you grew up with and loved and who loved you like a son or brother will ignore you. The talk will be only about 5 minutes about the deceased - the rest is all preaching. Glad to meet you all! Even the 'witnesses' who hide behind screen names ...lol (:

• fresia
    fresia
    Those you grew up with and loved and who loved you like a son or brother will ignore you. The talk will be only about 5 minutes about the deceased - the rest is all preaching. Glad to meet you all! Even the 'witnesses' who hide behind screen names ...lol (:

bull crap and more bull crap who do you think youre fooling, they will all lap up this sob story.

enjoy your freedom you deserved it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome Dave...

I'm also glad the WTBTS has the 'no-contact with former members' clause built into their requirements for Christians.

It proves just how unChristian they are and has opened the eyes and minds of many to thier destructive ways.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

**fresia said 'bull crap.' Twice.**

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Welcome Dave!

Hear! Hear! Ditto for meeee!

ESTEE

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    bull crap and more bull crap who do you think youre fooling, they will all lap up this sob story.

David, anyone who has gone to a JW funeral and a "worldly" funeral will know that it you aren't spouting bullcrap.

My Dad's JW funeral was bullcrap. He had molested his sisters as a child, beat his kids daily, was an alcoholic who died of an OD. But his fellow elder cronies got up there and gave a yada-yada about his earthly hope, and the wonderful brother he was. THAT is bullcrap.

Fresia is running on a thin line. Ignore her, maybe she'll go away.

momz

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    Hi Bring_The_Light

Did you think about finding a congregation where know one knows you and pretend that you're some average joe off the street? Ask them questions about their beliefs that way, or even ask for a bible study?

Just to to their web site.....you can sign up for a visit. Just give whatever name you want.

I was really pissed at my a$$hole BIL, and signed him up, took them about 3-4 weeks to get to his front door!!

• Emma
    Emma

Welcome and amen. My family made the break so much easier by complete shunning. But they'll never be allowed to figure that out.

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

"bull crap and more bull crap who do you think youre fooling, they will all lap up this sob story"

What is the meaning of this trash?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit