Thank you, Watchtower, Bible and Tract Society!

by David_R 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Hi Bring_The_Light

Did you think about finding a congregation where know one knows you and pretend that you're some average joe off the street? Ask them questions about their beliefs that way, or even ask for a bible study?

• Rev1212
    Rev1212

The year 1914, which is the year that the Gentile Times (aka Appointed Times of the Nations) ended, was determined though a study of the Bible along with no doubt some holy spirit given to the brothers that were able to discern this information.

There are quite a few scriptures involved in coming to the year 1914, one of them from Ezekiel about "Lifting off the crown and it will be no one's until he who has the legal right comes". So that is the starting point, which was 607 BC, when Jerusalem fell to Babylon. Then another significant scripture is from Daniel chapter 4 which showed the appointed times of the nations would be "seven times". Then to figure out what the seven times means we need to go to Revelation chapter 12 which notes that 1,260 days are 3-1/2 times. Making the 7 times equal to 2520 days. So doing the math, 607 BC plus 2,520 days comes to the year 1914.

Studying the Bible is one of my most satisfying endeavors. It never gets boring for me.

• BFD
    BFD
    So that is the starting point, which was 607 BC, when Jerusalem fell to Babylon.

Rut-row!

BFD

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The year 1914, which is the year that the Gentile Times (aka Appointed Times of the Nations) ended, was determined though a study of the Bible along with no doubt some holy spirit given to the brothers that were able to discern this information.

OK ... It's obvious you live in your own little world...

• Rev1212
    Rev1212

Poztate, what's your point -- you trying me?

Go ahead, make my day. Don't hold back. Be as rude as you like, I can take it.

• Gopher
    Gopher

DavidR -- I whole-heartedly agree. The practice of shunning just means I don't have to keep hearing about the "truth" or hear pleas to come back to it.

Welcome to the board.

Rev1212 - Quit hijacking this thread.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Awesome.

Hello and welcome, David R.

• real one
    real one

This gives you the opportunity to serve God

• oompa
    oompa

I like that David R....................oompa