How did you find JWD?

by sweet pea 52 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I found this site when I googled my CO's name. Apparently a lot of other people here had the same opinion of him that I do. From there it's been a huge education about the WTBTS ever since.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'll give you one guess as to who pointed me this way

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I was out a good few years before I had the courage or inclination to do a search on the net for JW stuff. The first site that really made me sit back and think was the silent lambs site. I looked at the JWD site a couple of times and somehow, last year, while I was eventually, when I had a some time on my hands last year I really started to lurk and that was that - I joined up and have been posticg ever since!

• Switch
    Switch

Sweetpea, I was sort of aware of the website for a while, but my hubby (Missinglink) suggested that I take a look. I think a lot of witnesses are aware of the website but would never dream of checking it out. I seem to remember them making quite clear which websites are JW approved. I can't remember if they went as far as to say Jehovahs-witness.com on the platform but there was discussion somewhere at sometime because my mom actually mentioned it to me recently. I'd discussed some of my issues with the WTS and said I was finding lies in doing research. She asked me if I was going on to websites "because there's one called jehovahs-witness.com that's an apostate website." Those are her words. She's 65 and does not use a computer or know much about the internet but she knows that this site exists.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I stumbled over this site a few times before I stopped and read anything here. There was a pointed comment at the district convention a couple of years back warning against sites which "purport to be places to discuss being a witness when actually it's an apostate site". Kudos on the naming of this place, if it was called apostate.com I probably would have run a mile!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

i googled jehovah

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

or maybe i yahoo-ed him LOL

• jgnat
    jgnat

I found another discussion board first, from surfing around. They had rather limited membership. Someone mentioned the UN scandal when it broke, and JWD. I came over to take a look, and I was instantly hooked.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

I don't actually remember for sure, but it may have been through BeliefNet - which is a very interesting site.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Through freeminds.org. You know the little box with news updates? I clicked on a subject there and it brought me here. Thank goodness!

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit