How did you find JWD?

by sweet pea 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Casper
    Casper

If I remember right, my oldest daughter told me about JWD. I came here 7 years ago and have been reading ever since.

Cas

• seek2find
    seek2find

I came here upon the collapse of the old hourglass 2 outpost. That was when this board was new. It took a long while before I started posting. seek2find

• asilentone
  • Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I was merrily surfing the web, looking for some nice recipes for our next JW get-together, when a demon flashed a popup onto my screen consisting of a NWT mistranslations thread. Now I'm a miserable apostate, doomed to destruction... Ahem... actually it was Google. I'd already been doing my own research using books and commentaries.

• only me
    only me

I'm another one who found it through Freeminds. My husband was telling everyone that I was reading apostate sites. I wasn't at the time but heard about the UN scandal on another site and decided to research it. Led to Freeminds , led to JWD, have been happily reading ever since. My husband would be mortified to think he was the one who pushed me into it.

Started out only me reading but now my daughter and niece are regular lurkers here and have stopped attending meetings.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Looking up JW's Jokes

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I found it thru Randy's site.

Quirky1

• lilybird
    lilybird

I goggled Jehovah's Witnesses. I wondered if there were others like me who had left or were thinking of leaving but weren't sure if it was the right thing to do. Even though my husband and I left some 20 years ago, some family still remain in and I have to admit sometimes when I had doubts about whether I did the right thing leaving. I always worried maybe I doomed my kids to die at Armeggedon.Finding this site helped me to understand the hypocrisy of the watchtower society. I now know for sure that we made the right decision to leave.

• yknot
    yknot

.......................by holy spirt

Seriously, someone in my KH suggested e-watchman, on his forum someone mentioned JWD.

I lurked," found my people" and plan to stay awhile.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I was investigating a Maine corporation that I felt was falsely claiming 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status:

(Section 501(c)(3) is a tax law provision granting exemption from the federal income tax to non-profit organizations. This exemption does not cover other federal taxes such as employment taxes).

While checking out this corporation I just so happened to find it listed as an NGO with the United Nations. Being rather curious, I went down the list of registered NGO's and found something that just could not be true...

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

So, I called Brooklyn Bethel and told the Serve Us Desk that the The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society was listed as an NGO with the UN.

The JW on the other end of the phone became very nasty and told me that the Society had warned us about looking at apostate sites.

I terminated the call with Jehover's spirit-appointed a$$hole and thought about it for 3 days before I DA'd in November 2004.

About 6 weeks later, I GOOGLED "Jehovah's Witnesses" and this site popped up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit