Have you ever just felt crushed by what someone has said to you?

by Hope4Others 62 Replies latest jw friends

• *summer*
    *summer*

A knife wound heals; a wound caused by words does not.
    ~Turkish proverb.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Yes, as much as I try not to let words hurt, they do.

momz

• real one
    real one

yes. I use to just want to die. But know that christ lives in me they can say what they want i know who I am. Do they know who they are?

• BFD
    BFD

Yes, Hope, I have. Words can uplift and words can break down.

I hope4you to feel better.

BFD

• ninja
    ninja

the next time someone says "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me"....hit them with a dictionary

• wings
    wings

I hate it when it happens. I always feel blindsided, or dumb, after that settles in I am left with the pain. The word "crushed" is strong. I'm sorry,I think you are awsome!

wings

Would you like to get blasted with positive and loving comments? I'm sure we are up for the task.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yes, I was told something last summer that totally crushed me and made me feel like the last 17 years of my life were a total lie. It's hard, but I'm trying to move forward after hearing that. I have hope4you that you will too!

BB

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I have been hurt by what others have said to me but never 'crushed'.

The only thing that may 'crush' you is a combination of hurtful words and low self-esteem. In this case, half the problem is with us. Why should peoples words have such a drastic effect on our emotions, they are after all just people with the same frailities as ourselves.

Another option is to kick them hard in the crotch if they are men, or mail them four pounds of Botox if they are women. ;)

HS

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes! Someone said to me that the degree I'm about to get and have worked so hard for is worthless.

Someone else said to me that I'll burn out because so many have done so with the degree I will be pursuing in the fall. It's master of social work. Right now I have a criminal justice degree.

Another person said that because I'm deaf that if they were the hiring person, they would never hire me.

Why do others feel they need to rain on others' parades? It's crushing.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It can be a damned crab pot out there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit