Have you ever just felt crushed by what someone has said to you?

by Hope4Others 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
  • yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Well of course, quite often. But 'sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me'

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Today I don't believe that, but hope4me I will tomorrow.

I luv ya,

hope4others

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yes I have. Anyone who says they havent is lying or dead inside.

The whole range of emotion is part of the human experience. Love, hate, bliss, worry, fear, respect, disdain, amusement, arousal, etc... ah yes.. tis life.

sorry H4O

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Yes.

• JK666
    JK666

Definitely.

It cuts deepest when it is a person that you feel close to, or are in a relationship with. I am sorry that you are experiencing this pain now, and hope it passes quickly.

(((((((((((((((((hope4))))))))))))))))))

JK the insomniac

• oldflame
    oldflame
    But 'sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me'

Hey you used my words ! LOL

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Its the things that my JW friends won't say to me. For instance, I really think the Filthful and Disgraced Slavekeeper ought to implement a "Shunned Notification" policy. The whole "not responding to emails" and "muttering softly until I go away" treatment is, well I guess pretty clear, but I'd really feel better if I got a "Shunned for Cult Reasons" certificate of authenticity so it wouldn't feel so much like people just being assholes to me.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

"The pen is mightier than the sword".

Famous words and very true. The Greek poet Euripides said similar when he said " The tongue is mightier than the blade".

Words hurt and words kill. "Sticks and stones" is all well and good when you are teaching it to children over childhood teasing, but as we grow, words have more meaning, and have subsequent effect on us.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Cruelty with words toward me has done more lasting harm than violence ever has.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit