What is the best question to ask a witness

by ImFreeatlast 61 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

"You believe that your religion is the one true religion. Your religion claims to teach only the truth about God and the Bible. You even refer to being a Witness as being in 'The Truth'. If that's the case, if your religion taught something as 'truth' that was later proven to not be true, then how is it 'truth'? How can something that was previously referred to as 'truth' be reconciled with something different that is being called 'truth' today? Which one becomes the 'lie'?"

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    What is the best question to ask a witness

Where'd you find such cheap suits?

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Care to explain the whole 'global deluge' thing to me?

So what's the definition of 'soon'?

If you're not allowed to listen to apostates, then how would you ever know whether you are wrong or not?

Do you agree with this scripture: Proverbs 18:13 ? Well then I'm sure you won't assume I'm wrong just because I'm an apostate.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

When the ransom was paid at the time when Jesus died and was resurrected, why didn't Jehovah fulfill his part of the deal and take away the problems and anxieties of the world then? It's already been close to 2000 years now and we are still waiting.

Any person not viewed as fulfilling his portion of a deal as agreed or promised would be deemed as dishonest. Jehovah isn't dishonest, is He?

If there was a hostage situation and the ransom was paid, how long does it take for the both parties to get and do what they "promised"?

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

2 members of your Governing Body were reprimanded and moved to other exclusive over sea's post's for vulgar , repulsive , homosexual acts yet were not excommunicated (Leo Greenleas and Ewart Chitty) would it be acceptable for God to continue using a religious organization that covers up such terrible conduct?

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

I think the 1914 question would be a good one. In addition, regardless of the year, why would they hold that the gentiles times ended before the great tribulation began?

Luke 21:20-24
    20"When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. [** GREAT TRIBULATION??? ]23How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations[Since that's part of the GREAT TRIBULATION]. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. Since the last sentence is definitely in context of the great tribulation ending, and when it ends the gentile times end, how can the tribulation be future and the gentile times expiration be past?

• minimus
    minimus

If God is supplying the proper spiritual food to Jehovah's Witnesses, why are there always corrections being made?

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "What is the best question you can ask a witness . . ."

Look at the pocket on his shirt and ask him if he wants the pocket. If he says yes, rip the pocket off and hand it to him. If he says no, rip the pocket off and throw it on the floor.

I'll almost guarantee ya he won't forget it. Five years from now, watch for that story on this board from some new poster.

• minimus
    minimus

Gary, you're one crazy dude.

• freeman
    freeman

What is the biblical basis that allows Jehovah’s Witness to accept some parts of blood and prohibits them from taking other parts? If you take any of these allowed blood fractions, are you really still abstaining from blood?

Freeman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit