What is the best question to ask a witness

by ImFreeatlast 61 Replies latest jw friends

• ImFreeatlast
    ImFreeatlast

Ok All,

Lets have a free for all . What is the best question you can ask a witness that knocks on your door... if you dont realise its them and hide that is

I would say why dont you have a book study anymore but that one is done to death... we had a witness recently and i asked for the latest JW only mag (he didn't realise i used to be in his cong... have i done that good a job at fading?) It was a laugh to see the two of them struggle to come up with an answer...

ok lets here the best you can come up with, there has to be some better than mine, What question will leave them stuck for an answer.....

Free at last

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Why is Jehovah going to destroy 6 billion men, women and children who aren't Jehovah's Witnesses?

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Why do your elders feel it necessary to shield child molesters to the point of lying on the stand in court, and paying hush money in court settlements with stiff gag orders in place?????

Oh ya, and how can you truly satisfy your women without giving them oral sex?

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

A Sphincter says WHAT?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Since you Claim that your organization was chosen by Jesus in 1919 - could you please prove that without assertion? Was your organization teaching 'truth' then? If not - why would Jesus have chosen them?

Never had one answer it yet - but they sure do a job trying to dodge it.

Jeff

• Honesty
    Honesty

What are the names of the current members of the Gibbering Buddy Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses?

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

Hey, one of you guys (gals) got a smoke I can bum?

L

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't reel in the line until I've got a good bite. That means knowing the person and what matters to them. I start with a vague, "I have concerns..."

IF AND ONLY IF they ask what those concerns might be, do I mention one. Only one. Again, I pick the topic based on what the person has already revealed about themselves.

I've always thought the shunning is a good one, as every JW has been affected by this twisted practice in one way or another. So a good question might be,

"Tell me, is there anyone you are shunning right now because of what you believe? Who are they to you (brother sister, friend)? Do you miss them?"

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Here have two.

Jeff

• jgnat
    jgnat

You know, another thought. Even I am shocked in to silence sometimes. At my last kingdom hall visit it was snowing outside, and we were all talking about it. That's what Canadians do, is complain about the weather. One enterprising sister came up to me and said, "Well I don't mind because it is warm here, and I'm not talking about the temperature (big smile)."

Gosh, I hate sales pitches.

I've heard the same ones in my very own church.

I yearn to be real, to connect with people in a significant way. No freakin' way I want to be the recipient of a sappy sales pitch. I had no response.

So I just stared. Long. She backed away in confusion.

Really, what could I say? This supposed warmth is all for show and you know it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit