I joined Weight Watchers today!

by Princess Daisy Boo 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I am a bit of a yo yo dieter - I have been dieting ever since I was a teenager, and my role model for this was my mom of course. In fact one of my very early memories of going shopping with mom and her buying a diet shake mix.

Well... I have a little girl who is almost three and I have been thinking about things and I really need to break this cycle of crash diets, losing 5 kgs and picking up 10 once I have lost motivation. I do not want my little Claire Bear growing up with me and my bad self image as a role model.

I have a way to go to lose all the weight I have picked up over the last few years but I am hoping that by joining WW and adopting a healthier lifestyle and diet, I can break the pattern once and for all.

Any thoughts or encouragement welcome!!!

• Akira
    Akira

Congratulations! I am also trying to have a healthier life. Weight Watchers is a great group and will keep you motivated. Way to go!

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Hey Princess, way to go. I hope it helps you. You are so young and if it helps you to be healthy and look better then go for it.

I have been thinking of doing the same thing. I have got MS and disc degeneration and can barely walk. This is a new problem but now I get very little exercise and the weight starts to creep on.

Wish we could go on a diet together....

Good Luck and I will be rooting for you. Its a very healthy diet. I went on it after I had my last baby. I lost the baby weight within 2 months. They also have such great recipes and you are never hungry with this diet. I have the weight watchers recipe books if you need any recipes. The Chicken Parmasean recipe is so good, its like restaurant food. Its my favorite

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

Congratulations! I recently changed my dietary habits entirely. I stopped sugar, anything with corn syrup, cake, cookes, no white flour products (dinner rolls, white bread, biscuits, etc). I don't do pasta anymore but I will eat wheat or rice pasta. I also cut out drinking fruit juice because of the high sugar content. It's all natural and is health but will slow your metabolism. I still eat all kinds of meat but I stick to complex carbohydrates. I do fruit and veggies as well. I started eating every 3 hours including lots of protein.

In three and a half months I lost 20 pounds. I need to lose about 15 more to hit my goal weight and throw myself a celebratory bash (I hope the Witnesses don't take this as me idol worshipping myself).

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thanks for the message Akira! Good luck to you too!

Velvy - Feel free to send me any great recipes! Thanks for the encouragment! The thing is I am only 30, but I fell lots older - I am sure that if I lose weight, I will feel so much better about life!

Easyreader - wow - did you do this by yourself or through a group? I think that is fantastic! Just dont undo all the good that you have achieved at your celebratory bash!

Love

Boo

• ninja
    ninja

I wish you fatties all the best......at this point ninja usually puts on his running shoes......but it's not as if any of you lot will catch me anyway....he he....just kidding ladies....keep up the good work......da ninja

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I joined Weight Gainers ... all you can eat buffets!!! woo hoo!!!

eat and drink cause we shall die tomorrow!!!

• Grammy
    Grammy

Congratulations Princess Daisy Boo,

weight watchers is a great program and if followed you can't help but loose weight....I joined in 2003 and lost 40 pounds, I found out I was diabetic last year and have lost an additional 30 pounds since then.

You can do it and you should do it for yourself, it's a lifestyle change and one that you will not regret making.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

LOL at da Ninja ! Best you run away coz if I get cranky I might just have to throw my scale at you, and I might be fat but I can aim just fine!

WAC - I am scared if I carry on at the all you can eat buffets, I will die tomorrow

Thanks Grammy

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Cheering you on,

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit