I joined Weight Watchers today!

by Princess Daisy Boo 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Way to go Ms. Boo! I'm on WW too. I've lost 20lbs so far! Woohoo for me! Just a word of advice...the weight loss will slow down. Don't get discouraged! Remember that healthy weight loss is slow weight loss (1-2 pounds a week). You didn't gain it over night, so you won't lose it over night! Also, you don't want to lose too fast because you'll have saggy skin!!

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Awesome news Mrs. Witness!!! 20lbs is brilliant! I was really suprised at how much the first week's loss was - I know from past experience that it never lasts!

I weighed in today - 1 kg down - I am so chuffed with myself! Yay for getting slimmer!!!

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

BTT because I am a sucker for attention

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I admire anyone who is proactive about trying to better themselves. Kudos!

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Well done Boo!!!! I should be trying to do something about my weight too. I'm good for about three weeks then fall off the thin wagon.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thanks Jimmy!

Mrs Smith - that is generally my problem, but so far so good!!! It is really more about portion sizes and eating more fruit and veg than not eating certain things, so I dont feel too deprived!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

That is great Princess. Depending on my stress level, my weight can go up and down. After a series of deaths in the family I gained weight because of no longer running and eating out all the time. I finally threw up my hands and called a truce with my body, mind and emotions. I think of the WW saying, it is not a diet it is a life style. There is a lot of truth to that, it's all about choices. I have my good days and bad. But there are more good than bad. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on how you are doing. You should be very proud of yourself because making the commitment is a huge step.

And your reasons for doing it are wonderful. What a great mom you are to recognize the issue and want to address it. I just think about how many parents out there say "oh well this is how I was raised" instead of "i want to break the cycle". What an amazing mom to want a better life for her daughter. Good on ya!

Peace and good luck!!!! L_G

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thank you so much for your kind words LG!!!

I am please to report that week three resulted in another 1.2kgs down - so I have now hit the 5 kg mark.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Princess Daisy Boo

You are doing so well on your diet. Good for you.

Velvetann

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thanks Velvy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit