I joined Weight Watchers today!

by Princess Daisy Boo 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Good news PDB!!! I'm happy for you.

I've been on a similar diet as EasyReader... You can see how great he looks from his avatar...LOL..

Actually I started following the South Beach Diet about a year and a half ago. It's similar to what Easy reader described. I did it not so much for my weight but for my cholesterol level. I did lose about 10 pounds initially, although I've osscilated a few pounds here and there. I recently put on a few more pounds, was a little stricter with myself, and lost 3 pounds again. Woo hoo...

The good thing with this diet is that it involves no calorie counts, unlike WW no points counting, and teaches you how to eat healthy. I just follow the healthy eating and the pounds stay off, and the cholesterol level is great (in spite of eating eggs every day for b-fast!)

Hope it goes well.. you'll have to send B4 and After pics...

A@G

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Send me some too A@G

lots of love,

hope4others

• rekless
    rekless

I lost 30 lbs and have kept it off for five years by eating a concoction of:

1 box of old fashion Oatmeal

bag of Tropical trail mix from Walmart

a jar of wheat germ

a package of ground flax seed.

Eat 8 oz. per day with a cup of cold milk.

It also makes a great pancake mix topped with smart balance margarine and maple ...

a half cup of of unsweetened bakers chocolate all mixed in a 1 gal container.

I make two batches one as cold cerearl and one for pancakes where I Mix the chocolate into the mixture and add an egg and flour.

If I would quit drinking beer, I think I could loose another 15 0r 20 lbs. But sitting on you butt all winter in South Dakota is difficult to maintain wieght loose.

• Casper
    Casper

Good for you....!!

Sending you much encouragement and support...

Cas

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

My wife and I have been members of WW since 2003 (when I was diagnosed as diabetic) and at one point had lost a total of about 180 pounds (I was REALLY big when I joined). My wife had some health issues in 2005 and at that point because of stress etc. I gained back between 30 and 40 pounds which I haven't been able to shed since, but I'm still WAY better off than I was before.

Stick with it; the program works!

• Carmel
    Carmel

I joined 40 lbs ago! It is wonderful learning to enjoy hunger rather than lamenting being stuffed! all is relative, but hey, new wardrobe and light on the feet are worth the ride! carmel

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I can't do meetings - too reminiscent of the KH - but I found calorieking.com and have lost 146 pounds with that web site. It give immediate feedback and lots of information and a way to keep track of diet and exercise and weight loss and measurements. Not very expensive, either. What works for me is calorie counting...

• beksbks
    beksbks

Gratz for taking action Daisy Boo!

I lost about 50 lbs of baby fat 7.5 years ago (the baby was 15), and have kept it off, with about a 6 lb swing up or down. I count calories and try to exercise regularly. The exercise really keeps me on track.

Clothes shopping can be soooooo much fun!!!!!

• cawshun
    cawshun

Wishing you great luck on the WW diet. I have been doing it on my own just buying smart one meals and checking the internet for help. I've been doing it for 3 wks. lost 5 lbs. Husband is doing it also and lost 10 lbs. in the 3 wks. We did take up walking 2 1/2 miles a day and that is helping too.

A friend of mine started it in January and so far lost 20 lbs. so I'm using her for my inspiration. I like the smart one meals and love their ice cream fudge bars only 1 pt. ( my friend doesn't even exercise).

When I get really hungry I cook up a bag of frozen green beans and add a touch of virgin coconut oil, sprinkle a bit of shredded cheese over the top and cover in baco's. The beans are 0 pt. the baco's are 0 pts. and 1 pt. for the cheese. Coconut oil ( I can't find a point caclulator for that) but its suppose to be one of the healthiest oils to eat. This makes a huge bowl and totally fills me up.

Again good luck, hope it works for you and please let us know of your success on it.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Congrats to you for wanting to have a healthier lifestyle and be a healthy weight! I know this program really does work so stick to it and before too long you will be sooo happy you did!

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit