Announcement: They Clapped!

by metatron 67 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go

At the congregation I was at it seem like the jig was up air was floating through the hall.

• Mightyone
    Mightyone

Oh Mighty One...we are not worthy.

By the way, you shouldn't be here.

So which way is it, am I supposed to investigate or not? Why can't I hear what the other side has to say?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well, oh MightyOne, I know from past experience with serious minded one's and not so seriously minded one's that there's a tendency to mock, make fun of, and put down religions outside of the organization. It's something that comes from the top down and I do understand it, why be respectful of other religions when you think you have the only true one?

I do wish, oh MightyOne, that you had been totally honest in your reply to me, but I do admit that it was a trick question.

Sorry you failed.

• heathen
    heathen

I think it really strange that they would clap over the situation of financial hardship being the reason of reduced meeting time .It must be a pavlov dog type reaction after years of clapping over mundane things such as congregation growth . WOW , I wouldn't have believed it . I agree that the end being close you would expect them to harp on staying close to the org. with more meetings . Maybe even build a compound in south america to get away from it all ......... well , we know what happened there last time.

• watson
    watson
    So which way is it, am I supposed to investigate or not? Why can't I hear what the other side has to say?

You know you shouldn't open those doors.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

why wouldn't they clap. Every assembly, Every Public talk no matter how awful and useless gets a large round of applause

• veradico
    veradico

My mom mentioned that my grandmother thinks it's great, but my mom added, "Then again, your grandma thinks everything they announce is great."

Obviously, there are too many meetings. (Of course, given the material presented at the meetings, even one is one too many.) However, I think Witnesses will regret the loss of the bookstudy. I'm sure they're wishing it had been some other meeting.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Mighty One? What would your angry,destructive god of the Old Testament Yahweh think of you posting with apostate's ? Tut Tut.....

• boyzone
    boyzone

Don't discourage Mighty One from investigating. He should be applauded not criticised. It takes a lot of courage to go against the Society in this regard. Lets give the guy some encouragement.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Mighty One,

Feel free to investigate, just don't castigate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit