Announcement: They Clapped!

by metatron 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Mightyone
    Mightyone

I apologize for the statement about not cutting it as a witness. I will edit that out. There is no doubt that many have been hurt by overzealous, pharasaical "brothers", family members, ect.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

One more free night...woohoo...

We would have clapped to if we were still in!

I talked to my mom this morning and she said "How did you know!?" I just said with a smirk, I've got my sources! JWD is the bomb! Amazing we find out things before they do!!!

• Mightyone
    Mightyone

First of all, I am not involved in theocratic warfare. I am here to hear the other side. Secondly, I did not blame the congregations and families, I said "I believe that alot of the misunderstandings and hurt come from the individual families and congregational levels." Not all...I understand how implications can be read, however, aren't we all told to read our bible daily..Therefore, you or anybody else cannot tell me when "the generation", "the end of this sytem" will come..."Nobody knows the day or the hour." Even if we figure it out, we are still wrong..

As far as the dress situation, nobody would be turned away for just the same reason that you mentioned. That brochure was meant as a reminder of what type of dress is appropriate for visiting bethel. The decline in morals, pants around your knees, sloppy style, gangsta type dress is the fad today, and people do need reminders. Have you noticed the change in dress at work, used to be casual fridays, now pretty much the norm at alot of places. They are trying to keep the same level consistantly at bethel..Talk about reading into too much..I read nothing of being turned away.

As far as the blood issue, isn't it possible that with the changes that have taken place on the G.B. That maybe they have seen the error of their ways on certain issues? Just a question. No matter what, lets please remember that ANY inpropriaties that have taken place, will be handle by Jehovah himself.

And I don't mean to condemn, and I sincerely apologize if I come across as condemnatory. Lets consider it a friendly debate.

• Galileo
    Galileo

mightyone:

Yes, many have been hurt by brothers behaving improperly. Many more, however, overlooked human imperfection when we were "in". Instead, we were hurt by the made up date of 607 B.C.E. All historians know that the overwhelming evidence is that the Babylonian exile began in 586-587 B.C.E. You won't find a single history book verifying the 607 date, unless it ws written by a JW apologist. This makes all of their chronology invalid, and the Governing Body has been aware of this for decades, at least since the early seventies when Carl Olof Johansson made them aware.

Or by the fact that they lie about an increase in earthquakes in the twentieth century. Or that they lie about predicting 1914 would be the beginning of the Gentle Times, since this teaching wasn't changed untill years after 1914. etc. etc.

What really hurt many of us is that they have the power to cut you off from friends, family, and loved ones for even mentioning these facts. Personally, I lost my wife over them.

edit: sorry for the lack of paragraph breaks. I'm posting from my phone & it doesn't format properly.

• freydi
    freydi

If I was still a dub, I'd be very confused. The whole point of the book study arrangement was so that loving overseers could keep loving track of those in their care in case of emergencies, persecution, etc., as well as help for those who needed "special" assistance in the field service work. All that now seems out the window, with less special attention and care from the watchful eyes of those loving overseers. It would seem that there is a leak in the boat. Has Jehovah changed his mind? http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=IA_hABzRjCw

• Quandry
    Quandry

If I was still a dub, I'd be very confused. The whole point of the book study arrangement was so that loving overseers could keep loving track of those in their care in case of emergencies, persecution, etc., as well as help for those who needed "special" assistance in the field service work. All that now seems out the window, with less special attention and care from the watchful eyes of those loving overseers

I am with you on this one.

Way back years ago they talked about the benefits of small group study, how the elders could give individual attention, etc. to the publishers. And yes, how if the KHall doors were locked from the tribulation (as this was coming any minute) the locations would be our ONLY way to meet together. The book studies were VITAL. Now, they are an inconvenience to many.

Yes, CONFUSION among the rank and file.

It is all PR work. The book study was the least attended meeting, and they knew it.

I think, though, that it will backfire. People will not get to know one another as well on a personal basis. You don't just come up to someone in a KHall and say, hey, lets get together, if you don't know them as well as you would by spending time with them in a small group.

By the way, WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW ONES JOINING US.

All of you have something to contribute.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I would have thrown confetti for one less meeting.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, it would have been to amuse myself had I gone just to see the reactions of the audience.

I like amusement.

Some of us like to watch people's reactions to things.

It is telling if they clapped like maniacs.

It means that they might have been cheering for one less meeting.

So many are there because that is all they have, not because they want to be there.

Gossip is good, especially if it goes to show that we are right about our positions concerning meeting attendance or no meeting attendance and leaving the WTS.

I'm guessing there are a great many who want to leave but feel stuck.

They are probably the ones who cheered the loudest.

That may mean that we will have more company on the board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit