Announcement: They Clapped!

by metatron 67 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Thanks JWD!

Once again, you read it here first folks! I know many things first before my active JW friends hear about them in the hall and I feel guilty that I pretend to be ignorant when they tell me.

Of course the people clapped when they heard this news! Never mind the high gas prices. Most people are so dead tired on weeknights that nobody wants to drag themselves out in the evening. It is sad in a way and some people will miss the home book studies.

While concern over economics might seem to have played a part in this change, I feel control and legal concerns are what was really behind it all.

LHG

• mind my own
    mind my own

Of coarse they clapped, this is direction from Jehovah! You must show your appreciation for your loving heavenly father.

Funny how after all this time the requirements for gathering together are lessening. Hmm, new light.

MMO

• Emma
    Emma

So where are they getting their serious spiritual food? Sounds like they've gone to fast food that no one will ever remember "eating." Of course no one will ever look at it that way.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Here it was announced at the circuit assembly. The entire audience clapped loudly. I think it was because words from the Governing body had been spoken more than anything else though.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Wouldn't it have been fun if the 12 Apostates on the back row did a Mexican wave, lol.

• Layla33
    Layla33

They would clap if the Governing Body decided through God's wisdom that the Easter Bunny was a divine spirt of Jesus and Santa Claus was the embodiment of Jehovah.

It's like going to a Baptist church and hearing the pastor call them dummies, ignorant and full of the spirit of Satan and they say "hallejuah" and start speaking in tonuges...

• garybuss
    garybuss

saklunch,

Hahahaha! Cute nick! I see you've been to some assemblies:-) Welcome!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The JWs clapped because the JWs are conditioned to clap at every announcement, whether they agree with it or not.

W

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

They didn't clap at our local KH (I made a point of attending). It was more a stunned silence, then continue as normal with song and prayer. But afterward there was a hubbub of, 'this is big - what does this all mean?'.

• nelly136
    nelly136

if it hadnt come with a 9 month delay they'd prolly have gone for a standing ovation. still 9 months of anticipation waiting for that to happen and they wont have noticed that yet nearly another year has passed and still no armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit