Announcement: They Clapped!

by metatron 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I wonder what kind of shape their internal organs are in. Constant adrenaline rushes actually damage the organs, causing degenerative diseases over a period of time. Constantly being spooked by the WTBTS has got to lead to some sort of health problems. It's sort of like having someone wave a gun at you - everytime the gun points in your direction you think "oh my god is this it?" I wonder more of them don't have heart attacks, or maybe they don't really believe all this bullshit.

• Mightyone
    Mightyone

It amazes me how many of you attended the local meeting "just to see the reaction". Why do that to yourselves, why waste your time? Is it just so that you have something to come back here to write about? You think the witnesses are trained monkees, but you behave like children, looking for something to run back and make fun of. The fact is, you couldn't cut it as a witness. So your gone, get over it and move on with your life! BTW, nobody clapped in all the 8 congregations surrounding me, I did check.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    if it hadnt come with a 9 month delay they'd prolly have gone for a standing ovation. still 9 months of anticipation waiting for that to happen

I'm willing to bet that the already-low bookstudy attendance drops off SIGNIFICANTLY now... it may not "officially" go into effect until January 1st, but there are plenty of weary folks who will start staying home next week...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I did check.

Pot callin the kettle black, eh?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

maybe the R/A are finally realising that the treadmill of service, meetings . pre study etc has been too much for the last 20 odd years, more like claps of relief

• Layla33
    Layla33
    You think the witnesses are trained monkees, but you behave like children, looking for something to run back and make fun of.

I think that's a bit harsh, but sometimes I think some of us here are too engrossed in what they do - intellectually I understand why, but I just think the pull of them is really deep with some and I just don't think it is good. I have mild interest in what they do, as it relates to my family, but otherwise, it is not important to me whatsoever.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I can imagine how stunned people were of not knowing how to react.

Do I clap and be seen as not being appreciative of Jahs provision.

or

Do I not clap and just reflect on the seriousness of this "arrangement" made by the governing body and how hard it must've been to come to this decision.

....since they are so cognizant of the "burdens" we carry.....

Bull-split!!!!!!!

If I told my wife that I understood the burden it must be that she had to sit in a sweltering house with no A\C, how would she then feel if I told her although I could get it fixed now, that I wouldn't until January?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    but you behave like children, looking for something to run back and make fun of.

Tell me this truthfully oh MightyOne, do jws make fun of other religions?

• Mightyone
    Mightyone

The serious minded ones do not. The ones that really apply what they are taught also do not. There are some that pick fun, but most know that is not Christlike.

• watson
    watson

Oh Mighty One...we are not worthy.

By the way, you shouldn't be here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit