Huge Announcement

by JWRESEARCH 44 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

The book study will be done at KW in the same meeting of school ministry. And the total time of meeting will be 1:45

Again, I find this confusing. First what does "KW" stand for? Sorry, I have been out for a while.

Also, does this mean that they are doing away w/ the various talks that they give during the school ministry or does this mean that the second half of their meeting will be an assigned book instead of the monthly pamphlet they given to only the "publishers"? I cannot see them doing away w/ that because that gives stats and talks about a what they have to do out in their door to door work. It also scolds them when they are not blindly following the head lemming.

I agree w/ others, I will believe it when I see it cause if anything JWs do not do away w/ things, they quietly retire ideas (like the 1914 gen theory) and replace them w/ new ideas. This would mean less brainwashing time and we all know that the WTBTS would never consent to less time to tell everyone how unworthy they are!

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird
    what does "KW" stand for?

I think that was a typo...I took it to mean Kingdom Hall...but I could be wrong.

If this announcement is true, I think it's probably designed to help alleviate some of the work for elders. If everyone meets at the hall then either they will have 1 book study conductor and rotate the readers like they do the WT study, or they will rotate the book study conductor to give elders/ministerial servants a break or assign a MS to do the book study.

I also think that if true, it will alleviate stress for people that currently have book study in their home. I use to have it in mine and always dreaded Tuesday's and Saturday's. It's a lot of work especially if you have small children, and that always seemed to be the ones that offered their homes when I was in.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

Does anyone actually have any hard evidence that this "announcement" is the dissolving of the separate congregation book study arrangement? Or are we all jumping on the hopeful rumor bandwagon? I've seen several topics suggesting that the rumor is true but nothing really more than hearsay.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

we have confirmation that something will be announced 4/27. We then have new posters who are claiming it is on the merging of the weeknight meetings. We then have a somewhat new poster claiming it if on the hotel problem regarding lodging for conventions. If this is what it is I would like that person to post the letter and put an end to this speculation.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Knowing the WTS as I do..... WHATEVER the reason for this change, you can be sure that it benefits ONLY the WTS and is not for any "convenience" of the individual JWs.

• sir82
    sir82
    WHATEVER the reason for this change, you can be sure that it benefits ONLY the WTS and is not for any "convenience" of the individual JWs.

Exactly....but what is that reason? On hte surface, i can't figure out how this benefits the scirty, aside from (perhaps) giving them more control over what is taught at the CBS. Just one "unified" point of view expressed by one conductor, rather than 4, 8, 10, whatever slightly different spins on the same material.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970
    we have confirmation that something will be announced 4/27. We then have new posters who are claiming it is on the merging of the weeknight meetings. We then have a somewhat new poster claiming it if on the hotel problem regarding lodging for conventions. If this is what it is I would like that person to post the letter and put an end to this speculation.

So the only thing that is semi-solid is that something is coming next week. Of course, repeating the same commandments about the District Convention wouldn't necessary qualify as a huge announcement in my book. That's just more of the same. I will not be surprised if they edit in the Bible the laws that Yahweh gave Moses on the mountain to include District Convention accomodation rules. I'd be more inclined to believe the meeting change rumor except that we haven't seen any secretly scanned documentation. Where are our secret documentation scanners?! er

• changeling
    changeling

So, no Service Meeting? Or are they "scrunching up" the Book study, KMS and Service Meeting into a 1.45 meeting?

By the way, I asked a current elder about this and he has no knowlwedge of it. Of course, he is not the PO nor is he on the Service Commitee, so he may just be in the dark...

Me thinks you are the PO...

changeling

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I don't see the big issue about the "time" here.

To keep the same overall length for the meetings, they could simply take the 3 meetings and give them 30 mnutes each (like they have done with the Public Talk). With 2 prayers and 3 songs you could still conclude the meeting in an hour and 45 minutes.

Rub a Dub

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Here is another problem with this scenario. For the longest time they promoted the BS as the lifeblood for divine instruction once the great tribulation broke out. It was a very effective conditioning method to 1. keep people going to the smaller conditioning meeting and 2. to keep the nearness of the end in peoples mind.

used in these ways the BS was and is integral to keeping the R&F underfoot.

Also how will some be able to brag and show their superiority by having a BS in their house?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit