• JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

End of private home book study

• changeling
    changeling

So it will be at the KH?

• JH
    JH

Why would they do that for? Is there a lack of readers, cars, people at the book study....etc

• DT
    DT

If true, this is a big surprise. I remember hearing about how important the small book study groups were and how they would probably have to split into small groups when the great tribulation comes. I'm guessing that the governing body might be concerned about apostate thinking having a greater impact in smaller, more informal groups. This might be a way to exert a stronger influence over the dubs.

I think this would be disappointing for some members. Meeting in a private home can be a nice relief from the cold, impersonal kingdom hall. It may also be a problem in congregations with large territories. Some publishers that live far from the hall could possibly go to a book study that is much closer to them. With high gas prices, some publishers might just decide to skip the book study.

• changeling
    changeling

Nobody REALLY likes having the Book Study in their home (been there, done that). It's always been hard to place Book Study groups.

Also, many are quite social, maybe the Society wants to put and end to "goodie night"?

changeling

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

If true, I'm thinking they'd do it to minimize financial responsiblity in the event something bad happens at the CBS location.

JWRESEARCH, you have a PM.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Hi changeling!!!

It will probably be at the KH. Attendance is really low at the bookstudies right now.

• changeling
    changeling

Hi shopaholic!

changeling

• DT
    DT

Does anybody think they might be having problems with pedophilia incidents in private homes?

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

So does this mean one less mtg? Or does this mean that all they are going to do is move all bookstudies to the hall? If so, how is this big news? so they are moving it out of homes? what does this mean to the R&F? at the end of the day, if this is the news, this seems anti-climatic!

Huge announcement to me would be .... women deserve equal rights and an equal voice. we will no longer be shunning ANYONE and welcome all into the new system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit