Huge Announcement

by JWRESEARCH 44 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

If this is so.....

Then it should in theory lessen some pedophiles from targeting children when visiting BS home.

If this is so.......

It is all about legal arse covering.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If this is true I feel it is quite disappointing. One of the things I enjoyed was the cosy atmosphere of the book study held in brothers' homes. And the cakes and treats afterward were the best!

If this is true then what has prompted it? Is it part of a wider pattern? Possibly. We had the recent KM clamping down on private Bible study. And there have been lots of Watchtowers over the years about limiting social gatherings, proper supervision and so on. And since the 1980's group pre-study of the Watchtower has been proscribed. It seems Witness leaders are very nervous about ordinary Witnesses getting together in any setting more informal than the Kingdom Hall in case they break out and actually start discussing their own ideas.

Slim

• justhuman
    justhuman

Is this true??? If so then is huge announcement

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thats marvellous - if its going to be one less meeting.

ARe they running out of ideas and inspiration???

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If this is true, then the big question seems to me not why they have made the change, but why choose to rush out the change in this manner?

• JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

The book study will be done at KW in the same meeting of school ministry. And the total time of meeting will be 1:45

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Limit responsibility for pedo-situations.

Good call.

• faundy
    faundy

I think that if this arrangement is true, it certainly makes for interesting thought regarding the elders.

For instance, each elder (or therabouts) had oversight over a group, and they were their own responsibility. Now with this new arrangement, it will mean that (I reckon) the same elders will do a rota for the book study meeting, leaving the elders who once had some responsibility overseeing a group now with barely any privileges at all.

Just a thought.

Does that mean that meeting for field service will now also take place every weekend at the hall? We used to meet in people's homes. What about the midweek arrangements? Oooh, I must be so bored at work if I have resolved to wondering about this now.

• faundy
    faundy

I think that if this arrangement is true, it certainly makes for interesting thought regarding the elders.

For instance, each elder (or therabouts) had oversight over a group, and they were their own responsibility. Now with this new arrangement, it will mean that (I reckon) the same elders will do a rota for the book study meeting, leaving the elders who once had some responsibility overseeing a group now with barely any privileges at all.

Just a thought.

Does that mean that meeting for field service will now also take place every weekend at the hall? We used to meet in people's homes. What about the midweek arrangements? Oooh, I must be so bored at work if I have resolved to wondering about this now.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they really are going to have all the book studies at the Kingdumb Hell, it means less options for Saturday morning or Monday afternoon book studies for those who cannot make the regular Tuesday studies.

Here is the problem it's going to create. Very often, you have several congregations using the Kingdumb Hell. Those structures are built for a small group, not a whole congregation, to use for a book study while the other congregation is using it for their Circus Meeting and Theocraptic Misery "School(??)". Which will be more difficult if there are two whole groups, since even if they would fit in the auditorium, they would interfere with each other.

And it means listening to one more round of Kingdumb Maladies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit