Athiest what do you believe?

by real one 108 Replies latest jw friends

• real one
    real one

AGuest, i consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God. I believe what the Bible says. I dont pick and choose scriptures that fit my paticular mood. 1 Timothy 3:16-17, Everything in the Scripturesis God's word. All of it is useful for teaching and helping people and for correcting them and show them how to live. The Scriptures train God's servantsto do all kinds of good deeds.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Peace to you, dear Real One!

im confused first you say the Bible includes false or vain pen/stylus then you quote scripture from it?

The operative word is "includes." And, yes, the Bible includes falsities. Of course it does, as there would be no warning against it if it did not (i.e., neither God nor Christ would issue a warning against doing something that couldn't be done).

AGuest, i consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God. I believe what the Bible says. I dont pick and choose scriptures that fit my paticular mood. 1 Timothy 3:16-17, Everything in the Scripturesis God's word. All of it is useful for teaching and helping people and for correcting them and show them how to live. The Scriptures train God's servantsto do all kinds of good deeds.

I have addressed this issue on several occasions; perhaps we should take it to another thread so as to preserve the subject matter of this one? I realize that this is your thread and so your choice, however, so if not, just let me know and I will respond - I am your servant.

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Try here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/59014/1.ashx

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• real one
    real one

Aguest i went to that thread and i understand what you interpret but i get the meaning of that scripture. The Holy Spirit teaches me and guides me. I hope he teaches you also. therefore as i said before i believe the Bible.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Again, may you have peace! Since it appears that you wish to continue here, may I? Thank you! Indeed, it IS the Holy Spirit, Christ... and the anointing by that One... that teaches me, just as he is recorded to have said he (the Spirit "of the Truth") would do... and John reiterated. I am concerned, however, that you believe such Spirit has taught you that the Bible is God's Word, that it is the "inspired" word of God, and that we shouldn't pick and choose scriptures, per se. To wit, y ou wrote:

i consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God.

May I ask you, what does THE BIBLE say is the Word of God?

2. What does THE BIBLE say is "beneficial" as regards "scripture"?

You wrote:

Everything in the Scriptures is God's word.

May I ask you, what does THE BIBLE say is "scripture"?

You wrote:

I dont pick and choose scriptures that fit my paticular mood.

While agree that, of course, we should not do so to fit our "particular mood," may I ask you, what does THE BIBLE say about TESTING... the "inspired" expression? Why should we test "inspired" expressions?

In response to your statement that you believe what the Bible says, may I ask you, what about the parts that are NOT inspired? For example, Luke's account of the gospel. Where do you get that it WAS inspired, when Luke himself states where he got his information (and it wasn't from God)?

You wrote:

All of it is useful for teaching and helping people and for correcting them and show them how to live.

If that is true, I must ask you, why did Christ CONDEMN the scribes... along with the Pharisees? And if you believe that is true, why do you disregard what is prophesied at Jeremiah 8:8?

The Scriptures train God's servants to do all kinds of good deeds.

I disagree, dear Real One. It is the Holy Spirit, Christ... and the anointing by that One... that teaches God's servants. THE BIBLE says so. It also says that God, who LONG AGO spoke to [His people] by means of the Prophets, NOW speaks to us... by means of a SON. That you are confused is because you "follow PAUL"... who made MANY mistakes and/or was misunderstood with regard to his teachings... rather than the Lamb. This was something that caused such problems between Paul and the 12... that there was a 14 year rift.

I do NOT mean to unkind, dear Real One, not at all. But I would be remiss if I sat still as you judge those here adversely for telling you truthfully what they believe... after YOU asked them to... and then remained silent as you attempt to "preach the Christ" erroneously. This is one of the VERY reasons that many have difficulty putting the faith IN the Christ: you invite a response, then attack the response, and then base your beliefs on an abstract ideology... rather than basing in ON the Truth. We, those of us who belong to the Christ, CANNOT do that. You cannot say, "I am right "because the Bible says I'm right" because... the BIBLE contains things that ARE false... or mistransliterate, or misinterpreted, or... or... or. It is quite appropriate to use the Bible to support your faith... where it is accurate - that support is for unbelievers, those who cannot yet put their faith in "the thing heard... from Christ."

But simply because it is written "on stone tablets" does not mean it is for US: WE... are SUPPOSED... to have the Law written... on OUR hearts.

But since you do consider the Bible to be accurate, let me share something with you that was recently shared with me. You quote Timothy 3:16, which the NWT transliterates as:

"All scriptured is inspired of God and beneficial for... etc., etc., etc."

Now, let me show you the GREEK transliteration:

• AGuest
    AGuest

Again, may you have peace!

I would like to respond and continue this discussion. I must confess, however, that I am concerned that our little.. ummmm... "disagreement" might cause those who would say, "See, there, even they can't agree" (which really means nothing, as many atheists, agnostics, etc., also disagr... I mean, have "different viewpoints"), to leave off from ever considering that there really may be more to it than believing [in] the Bible. Since this is the basis that most do NOT have faith in CHRIST, it is an important issue. I am also concerned, however, that not responding will allow any who otherwise might... never come to know the truth... about the Truth... and the Bible.

So, I will leave it to you, my brother/sister in Christ: I can respond... in detail and with support from "the Bible" (for your benefit)... or we can end here. If the latter, please be assured that I will, of course, afford you the ability to remain in what you believe, but without judging you simply because you do not "see" as I do.

Until we "speak" again, I bid you the GREATEST of love and peace.

YOUR servant... as I am servant to ALL those of the Household of God... and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• real one
    real one

Aguest,

one thing i learned from studing with jw was that i believe what i am able to believe and not what someone wants to tell me to believe. If i cant believe what you say then i will not believe it. I have been truly studying the Bible as of oct 07. it is now April 08. thats 6 mos, not a lot of time but i study deeply and with the help of the Holy Spirit I have come to accurate knowledge. i dont not know everything but i continue to learn everyday.

I appreciate your concern of my knowledge

• AGuest
    AGuest

I leave you in peace, dear Real One.

Your servant and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I didn't read any of the replies to the initial post, because I have no hope.

I hope to live my life on my own terms and stop wasting it caught up in
    trying to please a god who saw me reach out for his help at my lowest moment,
    and led me to a mind-control cult. If he were there, and did that, I would
    rather rot in hell or nonexistence than eat grapes and melons served by
    beautiful white ladies in proper length skirts, and watch the children kick beach
    balls against elephants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit