Athiest what do you believe?

by real one 108 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Twitch, that is prolly the smartest thing I've heard all year. I'd kiss you if you werent a yucky boy, with coodies and the like.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Who said I had cooties? lol

• real one
    real one

AGuest read 2 kings 2:23-24

• White Dove
    White Dove

My Bible is in mothballs. What does that 2 Kings scripture say?

• inrainbows
    inrainbows

IP_SEC

I normally make absolutely sure I am 100% right before being that rude. But each to their own awesomeness.

There are two ways to interpret my statement;

1/ Note my use of the definate article. Ah, grammar! The Universe. If there are other Universe's (you're such a big guy on libraries, go and look up Chaotic inflation theory) then we could be one of many Universes.

Me saying if OUR Universe began, then obviously stuff happened before it began, and that this happened before time in context refers to the time in our Universe. No error, I'm not talking about the flow of time in the multiverse, I'm talking about our Universe where time is (under the multiverse theory) subject to different constraints to the multiverse, and is therefore a different time flow, thus it can be refered to seperately, "like what I did".

2/ I am addressing someone who believes god exists out of time, and therefore requires no begining, and am pointing out the idea of something being out of time is impossible, as if things are happening you need time to stop them happening all at once.

Either way you seem to have jumped to a false conculsion. The cute little goatee and stern stare at the webcam may work for you normaly but "it don't" impress me. How many tries did it take to get that photo just right?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Real One -

Tuesday, you want me to do all the work? ok well you do this tell me what Immanuel means. You can shoot down all the info i give you that is to be expected. you speak about God you get opposition. some of us can't see whats right in front of us. if you are an ex-jw then you know what i mean

I don't think there's one prophesy from the bible that was actually fufilled. Immanuel means "God is With us"; Jesus means "The Lord is Salvation", the prophesy was that he would be called Immanuel not Jesus. The names don't even mean the same thing. Regardless the proof of a virgin birth is that the bible says so, if we're just taking a books word for it I suppose Buddha was also a virgin birth too. I'm sure you'd tell me though that's not accurate.

You're absolutely right, some of us can't see what's right in front of us. People have been pointing out flaws in the bible for centuries, archeology has proven things in the bible couldn't have happened, astronomy has proven things in the bible couldn't have happened. You're absolutely right some people can't see what's right in front of them.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

First, please read Jeremiah 8:8. Then, read John 18:37 and notice why my Lord said he came into the world. Then read: Matthew 5:37, 38, 43-45

If, however, in light of Jeremiah 8:8, you believe 2 Kings 2:23-24 is authentic, then you explain, please, Zechariah 8:16, 17 (with emphasis on verse 17).

Truly, if we DO belong to Christ, whose example are we to follow? And who did HE revile, return evil to... or call down evil upon?

You can't have it both ways, dear Real One. Either Christ is your Leader... or the Bible, which includes the "false" or "vain" pen/stylus of the scribes/secretaries. Have you ever wondered WHY my Lord said, "WOE, to you... scribes?" It is because of the fulfilment of Jeremiah 8:8.

I bid you the greatest of peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Galileo
    Galileo

I found something else I believe: I believe AGuest wants me to have peace.

• real one
    real one

AGuest says:

You can't have it both ways, dear Real One. Either Christ is your Leader... or the Bible, which includes the "false" or "vain" pen/stylus of the scribes/secretaries. Have you ever wondered WHY my Lord said, "WOE, to you... scribes?" It is because of the fulfilment of Jeremiah 8:8.

im confused first you say the Bible includes false or vain pen/stylus then you quote scripture from it?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I'm agnostic.

Quirky1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit