Richard Dawkins Gets "Expelled" by Ben Stein!

by Perry 365 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Could or should?

Could fits in with what he says about intelligent design's best chance.

Should be taught? I doubt he said that. Check the editing and Ben's voiceover carefully. He could have played what Dawkins said then twisted it in a voice over saying 'See, he thinks the alien angle should be taught in schools!' when Dawkins had said nothing of the kind.

Intelligent Design offers no science to examine. It only seeks to find holes in evolution. Does that sound like science to you?

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith
    you know that all the millions of witnesses of God are deluded and the space alien preaching Dawkins is right?

Just as a matter of statistics, even if one of these gods is true, there are STILL millions of people who are deluded about the god they believe in or the religion they follow. It's just common sense.

You don't have a problem thinking millions of Muslims are wrong about their beliefs. You think the greatest technological minds of the Egyptian times had it wrong too. You know what it's like to be in my position, you just can't see your god's in the same boat as them.

Did you not read the bold lettering where it says Dawkins does not believe aliens designed us? Seriously, why would he say one thing in an interview which he'd have to lie about later? He knew it was for a film lots of people would see. If he genuinely believed in alien design, he'd talk about it in his articles.

• Perry
    Perry

Well, the entire clip should be available soon on You Tube. It was quite clear to the average movie-goer who laughed their head off btw) that Dawkins was under pressure, on camera, and on record. He avoided the question twice before he pulled the alien source of life out of his.....hat. The movie was a bomb shell exposing the erosion of intellectual freedom to the likes of Dawkins. It was an incredible movie in my opinion. The entire audience clapped at the end. The clip of Dawkins appealing to aliens was, in the overall picture, a very fragmented and isolated amusement. I highly recommend the film.

• Galileo
    Galileo

Perry, do you reject the science of "editing" as well?

I think this is your most telling statement:

The militant atheists will be removed from their ivory towers in due time just like the nazis and communists.

You, sir, are a douche.

• Galileo
    Galileo

How about reading the reviews

http://movies.nytimes.com/2008/04/18/movies/18expe.html?ex=1332475200&en=709faf668585ee66&ei=5124&partner=digg&exprod=digg

From the New York Times: "One of the sleaziest documentaries to arrive in a very long time, “Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed” is a conspiracy-theory rant masquerading as investigative inquiry."

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

While laughing is no indication of a position being true or not, it may interest you to know that as you laugh at the thought of evolution being false despite your lack of research into all the evidence for it, the rest of the world is laughing at every American who thinks we were created 6,000 years ago in a magical garden with a talking snake.

It's no wonder he didn't want to go into what he thought could have been intelligently designed. In the end he gave the best example of possible ID he could, despite not actually believing it. The 'olive branch' he describes, as it were.

The internet truly gives us a glimpse into the mindset of the uneducated.

• catbert
    catbert

Like many, Perry is chosing to believe the Jewish version of the origin of our species.
    Adam and Eve, the flood, the tower of babel.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Ah, Creationism's last stand. Unable to compete on a truly scientific level (having no scientific theories to speak of) they are reduced to taking pot-shots at the scientific community for not letting them play. Never mind that they refuse to play by the rules, they seem to think that their ignorance should be treated with the same respect as the accumulated knowledge of real scientists, that their ancient scribblings should trump the mountains of evidence in favour of evolution, and that where there are any areas of doubt, their position should win by default. A film that goes out of its way to quote leading scientists out of context, and where the only useful scientific material is shamelessly plagiarised is probably the best they can do. It's disappointing that they have an audience but such is the state of decay of the American education system.

Perry's ridiculous and repeated assertions that Dawkins really meant what Stein edited and interpreted him to mean, rather than what Dawkins himself claims he meant are, like most of what Perry writes, too pointless to be worthy of consideration. That's not Perry's fault; he's just not smart enough to understand any of the issues here. Those who doubt this need only browse his posting history.

I'm disappointed with the odious glee that BurnTheShips seems to take at what he wrongly perceives to be an embarrassment for evolutionists. That he has some sort of agenda is obvious from his continued use of the bizarre phrase "the Dawkins" which he has not yet satisfactorily explained. His behaviour in this thread is very similar to one where he leapt to embrace a claim that Darwin was responsible for Nazism, not stopping for a moment to check the source, or even, one must assume, to mull over the absurdity of the claims in his mind. Perhaps he learnt something from that episode, though, as his claims in this thread are little more than name-calling rather than the outright lies he propagated in that thread. Still, it's quite revealing behaviour.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open
    Ah, Creationism's last stand. Unable to compete on a truly scientific level (having no scientific theories to speak of) they are reduced to taking pot-shots at the scientific community for not letting them play.

That would seem to be the case. Sad really.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Funky,

I'm disappointed with the odious glee that BurnTheShips seems to take at what he wrongly perceives to be an embarrassment for evolutionists.

Do not be too upset at the attitude of Burn The Ships. He likes to talk fast and furious but eventually comes to his senses. I am quite certain that he is subconciously terrified of losing his belief system, but is fighting the inevitable. ;)

Perry is another case altogether. Intellectually dishonest, arrogant in belief, steeped in a dismal agenda which has been drained of all reason, he stands as example to all religionists of what not to become. I suppose in that way he does have some use on the planet.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit