Richard Dawkins Gets "Expelled" by Ben Stein!

by Perry 365 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• real one
    real one

I heard about how this movie exposed the ridiculous idea of evolution. People still want to hold on to the idea though even when scientist agree with creation. I guess its easier to believe a lie.

• Perry
    Perry

Why is a scientist talking about panspermia in the first place? And, if he's going to talk about alien "sperm" why not God. I mean, Einstein proved that time was flexible, what about an ultimate reality, God, outside of time, but from our 3D vantage point, he appears as a First Cause. I don't understand all the militancy against an intelligent designer from those who make appeals to flying spaghetti monsters, even if only occasionally. It's all so ..... repressive and high-handed.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Prove that it isnt the ALIENS behind any of our theories....to me that makes more sense than belief in a specific GOD..because at least we see UFOs....(7-10 % of total sightings are unexplainable)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Why is a scientist talking about panspermia in the first place?

Because he was asked to! Didn't you say you were going to bed. LOL

And, if he's going to talk about alien "sperm" why not God.

That question ignores Dawkin's stated premise that the first aliens would have to have evolved.

I mean Einstein proved that time was flexible, what about an ultimate reality, God, outside of time, but from our 3D vantage point, he appears as a First Cause.

Maybe. But such a being would very likely not require all of the ridiculous man-made layers of sacrifice, worship, and other drivel.

I don't understand all the militancy against an intelligent designer from those who make appeals to flying spaghetti monsters, even if only occasionally. It's all so ..... repressive and high-handed.

And we all know that such "repressive and high-handed" attitudes would never be found among religious people.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Why are aliens more plausible than a god when it comes to intelligent design?

Simple. The aliens themselves would have still had to EVOLVE. The aliens would not be outside the universe, they would have developed naturally within it.

A being outside our universe who started everything off would have to be *poof* instantly there and there forever, and a whole lot more complex than the universe. It's amazing how believers can say 'well, look at the universe, it must have been created!' instead of accepting it could have been here forever in some form, then go on to accept their chosen deity was there forever, even though they have no proof of its existence. You only have to use your senses to know the universe exists.

Not sure why people would laugh because we don't know how life started yet. Pretty arrogant to assume we should know everything our descendants will come to know. We only landed on the moon 39 years ago and we'd been wondering about it for thousands of years. Even worse to make up an answer because 'I don't know' sounds scary. Big questions of this sort have always had a natural answer where people used to insert their gods. Of course, what progress is being held back with all this superstition? One has to wonder.

http://www.expelledexposed.com/

• serotonin_wraith
  • Perry
    Perry

Wrong again Jeffro. Dawkins wasn't asked about the fictional panspermia ! He was asked about the scientifically observable complexity of life. He was asked a legitimate science question. His answer was an attempt to misdirect possible answers to flying spaghetti monsters, the very beings atheists consistently proclaim don't exist. That, in his opinion is a "legitimate" answer to a legitimate question. Others have tried to stop unapproved questioning, Nazis, Communists, etc. Freedom wins in the end. The militant atheists will be removed from their ivory towers in due time just like the nazis and communists.

• Perry
    Perry

Seretonin, The reason most normal people don't except the idea of a self existing universe is that scientists themselves say that it had a beginning. Ever heard of the Big Bang? (BTW, are you concerned that those two words are usually capitalized in atheist literature? I know others are touchy about capitalization here.) Anyway, the observable background radiation from this event is damning evidence against a self existing, spaghetti monster producing universe.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Like I said:

instead of accepting it could have been here forever in some form

Two of many possibilities:

1. This universe is part of a multiverse, with all universes in the multiverse having natural beginnings.

2. Time started with the big bang so there was no 'before'. Like saying there's nothing north of the north pole.

I'm willing to wait to see what really happened. You've decided to dismiss the thousands of other gods and holy writings without looking into them and accept the most popular god and book in your society.

On the point of evolution, I've found the only reason people disbelieve is because they don't understand it. If at any point you want to, I can take you through it and show you all the evidence. It would require being open minded though, so if that's not you I'll leave you to your beliefs.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Perry

The last time I saw someone get so badly mauled he had a three hundred pound lion on top of him.

And what is all this nonsense about a spaghetti monster? I have never seen such a thing not in any arena.

Of course God exists. So does a 2000 year old Gladiator - if you want him to - badly enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit