Richard Dawkins Gets "Expelled" by Ben Stein!

by Perry 365 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Perry,

You lost the plot on this one from your very first post. It was quite obvious, even to those to who had not seen the film OR read Dawkins explanation, exactly what was happening here. Obvious to some at least. ;)

Give it up and save what dignity to have left by a arranging a diplomatic exit from your own thread....lol

HS

• Perry
    Perry

Perhaps you are right Hillary. Good night everyone! I hope I don't have bad a dream about waking up in a world where there is "no intelligence allowed".

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jeffro, Do you find it intellectually repressive that science would allow legitimate discussion considering the origin of life by seeded flying spaghetti monsters and not allow it to be discussed as initiated by God?

Please read the quote from Dawkins posted above by seattleniceguy. It indicates that Dawkins did not consider the example to be "legitimate discussion" but rather, a great stretch to satisfy the proponents of intelligent design. Quite funny that when science doesn't allow room for religion, it's "intellectually repressive", but when religion doesn't allow for science, it's "non-overlapping magisterium". Also, the Flying Spaghetti Monster (hallowed be his noodley appendage) is not 'seeded', but a fictional first cause.

• Perry
    Perry

Wrong Jeffro, In the interview, Dawkins specifically mentions aliens who were seeded by previous aliens. Does that sound like science to you?

• Perry
    Perry

Regardless of what Dawkins or anyone else says, I saw the movie. I saw Dawkins dead serious answers. In typical high brow fashion, his answers regarding the digression of alien life givers were given as an instruction to I.D. proponents as a way to legitimately carry on the discussion, as opposed to attributing I.D. to God. These are the facts. This is what he truly believes. That is what he said on camera, on record, under pressure. This is the God Delusion in action friends. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned" - KJV

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    In typical high brow fashion

If he spoke with a Southern drawl he'd never be taken so seriously.

Or if he looked like this, alt even if his intellectual output was identical.

He'd be laughed off the stage.

I am shocked he is still bringing up his "Ultimate 747" argument, it is laughable.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

LOL. What a great parody, they got him to a T:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4630952244581765675

• Perry
    Perry

Astonishing..... Simply awesome! I fell out of bed laughing so hard and woke up my wife. Now I've gone and done it! Thanks Burn the Ships!!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Seattle, Dawkins' sanitized "just so" explanation of his comments in the comfort of his ivory tower, are unacceptable to me in explaining his answers while under pressure and on camera, and on record.

Perry, it was in anticipation of this kind of reply that I included my last comment. Anyone who has read any Dawkins will know that he doesn't consider panspermia to be likely, and than even if it were true, it wouldn't solve the issue of complexity anyway. People don't suddenly change views during interviews. When they appear to, you should be suspicious of creative editing. That parody video was pretty well done, though. :-) SNG

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

To quote what you orginally stated:

discussed as a viable explanation for the complexity of life under the following scenario

Dawkins did not say that he believe that this happened. He stated that it is not entirely impossible, and that if it did happen, it would be contingent upon various factors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit