You tell me what I saw, if not Angels then what?

by middleman 101 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Outside of logic......like a star hanging on nothing, millions of miles away from anything else. What holds it there? It's outside of logic. Never the less, there infinite numbers of stars hanging on nothing and staying in their places. The Big Dipper looks the same as it did when I was a toddler. Go figure.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Outside of logic......like a star hanging on nothing, millions of miles away from anything else. What holds it there? It's outside of logic. Never the less, there infinite numbers of stars hanging on nothing and staying in their places. The Big Dipper looks the same as it did when I was a toddler. Go figure.

This is an example of flawed logic based on, or rather, relying on ignorance. The reasoning is entirely subjective, demonstrated by the entirely incorrect use of the word 'hanging'.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    This is an example of flawed logic based on, or rather, relying on ignorance. The reasoning is entirely subjective, demonstrated by the entirely incorrect use of the word 'hanging'.

This is an example of someone trying to sound like he/she is actually saying something. Explain how they are suspended there. I'm waiting.

• wednesday
    wednesday

To those who believe - nothing will dissuade them. To those who do not believe- nothing will convince them. What harm does it do to believe that angels or whatever help you in your life? I can't think of any harm.

BTW, Shawn- you are way too angry.

I believe angels can help people. I also believe that God helps those who help themselves.

Whatever gets you through the night.

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

--edited for having no constructive content...shouldn't post while drinking...sorry if any offense was taken--

L

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

And, Jeffro, here's something for just for you, since you're so logical. I know you probably use a thesaurus from time to time in your scientific writings:

(you don't say)

Roget's II: The New Thesaurus - Cite This Source - Share This
    Main Entry:hang
    Part of Speech:verb
    Definition:To fasten or be fastened at one point with no support from below.
    Synonyms:dangle, depend, sling, suspend, swing
    Source:Roget's II: The New Thesaurus, Third Edition
    by the Editors of the American Heritage® Dictionary.
    Copyright © 2003, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh, and in case you want my reference? Here's a link: http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/hang

• wednesday
    wednesday

looking

I am so sorry for your loss. An unspeakable tragedy.

In this area i can agree with jws- time an unforeseen circumstances befall us all.

again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    This is an example of someone trying to sound like he/she is actually saying something. Explain how they are suspended there. I'm waiting.

Gravity. Yawn.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    And, Jeffro, here's something for just for you, since you're so logical. I know you probably use a thesaurus from time to time in your scientific writings:

Just for me? Why, thank you! :)

I do sometimes consult encyclopaedias, and english or foreign dictionaries on odd occasions. I don't think I've ever consulted a thesaurus when posting on this forum.

If you're writing a poem, then sure, you can use 'hang' to describe the positioning of stars. But for any technical purpose, it's not accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit