You tell me what I saw, if not Angels then what?

by middleman 101 Replies latest jw friends

• middleman
    middleman

betterdaze wrote "There is no intersection in the civilized world where traffic lights are timed like this, or head-on
    collisions would occur around the clock. There was no malfunction. Your driving habits were erratic and this brought the attention of the police
    "angels" who observed you for a short while until the signal changed. Even then, you were still confused. It may have been a mini brain stroke or a simple brain fart on your part. Have you seen a doctor yet? Those of us who recognize that left-turn signals DO NOT coincide with green lights for oncoming traffic
    need to know you are okay so you don't COLLIDE with our vehicles and KILL us. Police "angels" notwithstanding, of course."

You know, criticism still doesn't make up for your lack of cognitive understanding. It's rather mature to jump into conclussions of one's character, of a person that you've never met nor spoken to. I have broad shoulders so ya call me the crazy guy if you wish....I can deal.

Blessings........

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    betterdaze wrote "There is no intersection in the civilized world where traffic lights are timed like this, or head-on collisions would occur around the clock. There was no malfunction. Your driving habits were erratic and this brought the attention of the police "angels" who observed you for a short while until the signal changed. Even then, you were still confused. It may have been a mini brain stroke or a simple brain fart on your part. Have you seen a doctor yet? Those of us who recognize that left-turn signals DO NOT coincide with green lights for oncoming traffic need to know you are okay so you don't COLLIDE with our vehicles and KILL us. Police "angels" notwithstanding, of course."
    You know, criticism still doesn't make up for your lack of cognitive understanding. It's rather mature to jump into conclussions of one's character, of a person that you've never met nor spoken to. I have broad shoulders so ya call me the crazy guy if you wish....I can deal.

That is actually pretty funny. You are picking on betterdaze, who pointed out that traffic lights are not programmed in the manner you described, and advised that there may be a serious medical condition that may need investigating, and you dismiss that as a "lack of cognitive understanding", while at the same time deferring to your unlikely conclusion that you were saved by angels. Stating that there may be a medical condition is not drawing "conclussions of one's character". Otherwise, people with epilepsy would take the licencing authorities to court for discrimination against their 'character' because they can't get a driver's licence. Ludicrous.

• middleman
    middleman

Jeffro wrote "I believe that you are relating the story as you remember it. I don't believe it happened the way you say it did. It is unlikely that the lights would happen to malfunction just the once and then continue to operate normally. I think it is more likely that you were distracted by an emergency vehicle, started turning against traffic, and panicked a little. Because you panicked, details got mixed up in your mind, and you confused some of the details, intertwined with your perception of what 'angels' might look like. There may have been accompanying factors to both your being distracted and your improper recollection, such as low blood pressure, dehydration, lack of sleep, and various other conditions. This is much much more likely."

Yes I can completely understand your logic here on your post. How can I word this to where it will make sense to you. I'm not trying to sound hard but I've seen a lot in my life including people that have been stabbed, I've been shot at (to be fair it was only a drive by but nevertheless they shot out my van window feet from me, my friends were shocked on how calm I was), have seen many sad/gruesome cornoer cases (think exposed blood, brains, bodily fluids, and stench/decomp before being embalmed) at the morgue when working at my former job/cemetary, drove on the scene of a hit and run, (with the decedent laying face down in a pool of blood and a missing leg, I remember looking for it but couldn't, I know she didn't make it) before any emergency personnel had arrived, and I see and hear ambulances just about every day. I live on a busy intersection and have seen more than a few accidents while living here. I once saw a pedestrian who got hit by a car and his loss of blood was seemingly beyond measure, exposed ribs etc. I'm not sure he made it either. I've been in car wreckS, one of which made my back worse.

Now why in the world did I say all of that? Well, it's the fact that I'm a little on the jaded side at times and don't get worked up like many people do on emergencies. I'm not trying to say I'm a hero though. All I'll say is that when I see an emergency vehicle with lights flashing and sirens blaring, I either A. move over to the shoulder like I'm supposed to or B. stay put if there's nowhere for me to go as this was the case. It wasn't until days later that I got all worked up on what had just happened with the two "cops" scenario. There's not much else I can say here.

Blessings........

• middleman
    middleman

Jeffro, you may be right. I may have misunderstood what she meant by her post. I really can't argue with you here. This was not the reason why I posted this thread. On a side note, my girlfriend is in school to be a Physiologist just like her grandma was. Maybe I can get a good discount eh? hehe

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    It wasn't until days later that I got all worked up on what had just happened with the two "cops" scenario.

I think this is probably the most significant detail you've provided. It is unlikely that someone who is cool, calm and collected in extraordinary circumstances would only arrive at a conclusion days later that 2 people, along with their vehicles, were of supernatural origins, particularly if you have a previous history of believing in supernatural or miraculous phenomena. Sounds much more like a distorted memory influenced by previously-held beliefs, consistent with the plausible explanation I gave that you replied to.

• middleman
    middleman

Ok ya'll here's my last post for now. I'll put it this way. The fact that some of you have doubts, is tied to the likelihood that many of you have been let down so much by religion (especially the WBTS), that anything supernatural like what I experienced just can't be possible. There has to be a logical explanation, so the thinking goes. When a person comes out of a cult of Christianity or Christianity as a whole, at times a person can be so turned off by "church" that they run in the other direction mentality and literally. We can agree to disagree on this one. Thanks for reading. Blessings........

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I don't believe there were angels, demons, aliens, or David Hasselhoff. If believing they were angels works for you, that's fine.

But if the 'angels' come and tell you to buy a gun and go to the nearest clock tower, it may be best to get a second opinion first. :)

• middleman
    middleman

Ah Jeffro, All I can tell you is that I don't know many cops or emergency personnel that sport long hair and don't wear their badges unless they are undercover. I guess you would drive right by an official vehicle that had flashing lights and sirens going? I'll talk about this as long as you wish. I know there's nothing I can say to you to make you change your mind.

• middleman
    middleman

Jeffro when you wrote "But if the 'angels' come and tell you to buy a gun and go to the nearest clock tower, it may be best to get a second opinion first. :)" Finally something we can agree on here, thumbs up. If you knew me you'd see that I'm not a demon nor an angel hunter. It's just things I've experienced in my life that can't be explained that's all. My girlfriend hasn't believed in such things when I met her (she's more or less Catholic). After being in "my world" she has also witnessed things that can't be explained. I'm sure you think I'm crazy, that's ok with me, just don't rule everything out just cause you don't understand it. That's all I'm saying here. How's the Kiwis?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Ah Jeffro, All I can tell you is that I don't know many cops or emergency personnel that sport long hair and don't wear their badges unless they are undercover. I guess you would drive right by an official vehicle that had flashing lights and sirens going? I'll talk about this as long as you wish. I know there's nothing I can say to you to make you change your mind.

Stating that people with long hair who were not dressed as cops and who were not driving police cars were not cops, and therefore must have been angels, is not a terribly convincing argument. And you previously stated that the vehicles had no special markings, not that they were identified as any particular 'official' vechicles apart from lights and sirens. There could be any number of explanations for the circumstances you described, many of which don't revolve around you. Divine protection by angels isn't high on the list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit