~ Your feelings on aging ~

by FlyingHighNow 87 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

So, we aren't going to stay young and never die. How do you feel about aging, especially those of you that are over 35?

Me? Aging poses some concerns for me, especially since I am 49 and pretty much single. I am looking at my changing skin and body. I am looking at not having a good retirement plan. I am wondering will I be healthy enough to enjoy the next thirty years. I am asking myself not only if I will have a companion to share the golden years, but if I want one even.

Be honest....we can all help each other. After all, we aren't getting any younger. And you don't have to over 35 to respond.

PS: there are some plusses. There is the wisdom and contentedness with certain aspects of life. Just kinda knowing what's going on is nice.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is $hit

I would like to be young with my current headspace and have lots and lots of sex with different partners and also get to know their inner soul!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Ditto FHN. Hatin' it. BUT....I can't stop the growing older part but I will never grow up! I'm having more fun now than I ever have, I am smarter than I ever was and I am freer than I've ever been. I am not going to let my aging body stop me from feeling content happy and ALIVE!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It is $hit

I would like to be young with my current headspace and have lots and lots of sex with different partners and also get to know their inner soul!

For true? And so tell me, are you saying your brain is shrunken or your skull got bigger?Lots of sex with different partners could mean volumes of sex with more than one partner and that could mean as low as two and as high as infinity.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Great attitude, A & W.

I am smarter than I ever was and I am freer than I've ever been.

I was supposed to be free, but I'm raising a grandson. But it has its own rewards.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I got a couple greys on the right side of my head and 3 greys in my beard. 3 or 4 more on my arm... *sigh* Never thought it would happen to me.

Othern that its ok.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

"will you still need me, will you still feed me...when I'm sixty-four?"

Hill

• wings
    wings

Pretty is for younger women, pleasant is for older.

That is my motto. I am worn out on the good looking thing. Not that I don't care what I look like, just not that important anymore. Also, I want to be able to age in comfort with who I am, not what I look like.

more later

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

IP, I'm sure it only makes you touch distinguished. Lately I have a shock of gray hair in the part of my hair. But my hair is light brown, so it's not obvious.

"will you still need me, will you still feed me...when I'm sixty-four?"

Hill

Exactly the song I was thinking of as I typed in the topic title.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Wings, your avatar looks like Mary Chapin Carpenter. Not too shabby.

I kind of like not getting the type of attention I got as a 20 or 30 something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit