~ Your feelings on aging ~

by FlyingHighNow 87 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Seeker - are you by any chance a trainer?? You sound like you know what you are talking about and yes exercise is vital vital vital.

• dinah
    dinah

Well, I think the whole thing sucks. I like the Senior Apostate assisted living idea though, that is cool. Just pipe in some Stones along with the Led Zep and I'll be a'right. I've often thought as much time as we spend on here, we outta just move to a commune or something.

I was waiting on my black mood to lift so my reply wouldn't be all depressing.

lol@Mr. Flipper 48 and a half. That sounds like a little kid anticipating an important birthday. I'm gonna stick with 39 and a few months.......

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy - You and I were baptized the same year! Only I was11. You must have been at least a teenager!

Oh yes your lousy at math too. NO I was married with kids when I was baptised..Remember I was baptised in1963... my kids were born 1944,( died 1944)1946,( still a jw)1947,(died 1993)1948,( STILL WITH ME THANK god)1956,( DIED 1999)
    And for the one who said about the Piano!! ( cant remember this far down) What a lovely thing to express

• seawolf
    seawolf

My views on aging? I try and not think about it honestly. I feel like I'm 100 years old and feel if the future years of my life are going to be as bad as the past ones I'd just assume die now and get it over with because the future will be torture.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Mouthy - I'm actually not that lousy with math...!

LouBelle - My partner and I have seriously been discussing the idea of getting certified as personal trainers. She has a daughter who is a fitness competitor and personal trainer, and we've talked with her about it. I'm one of those obsessive people who finds out everything about something once I get an interest.

My partner, Lori, (that's us in the avatar) will be 50 next month, but she is in remarkable shape. She's been an athlete for over 20 years now, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that she's got an amazing body for a 20 year old - not to talk about a woman nearly 50!

All the time when we're out in the summer and she has a t-top on and you can see her arms, back and shoulders, other women will come up and ask her,"I want to look like that! How do you do it? Are you a personal trainer?" I don't know how to put this delicately, but she has an ass to die for. For myself, the last time I was stress tested a couple of years ago, I had the physiology of someone 20 years younger, and I'm in considerably better shape now than I was then. So, I know what persistent exercise can do for you physically and in aging.

I do think there are more aches and pains with age - but that's why god invented Ibuprofen and aspirin!!

FlyingHighNow - I went through a difficult breakup of a long time marriage a few years ago and the fallout that happens with your kids over something like that. Exercise in some ways has been my salvation. I understand what a struggle life can be at times, and I send you my deepest regards and hopes for a happy future.

S4

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I figure if a guy can do a marathon at 101, I can at least try to make attempts at jogwalking one mile each morning. I would love to look like pregnancy had no cosmetic effect and also, I want to look like I'm in my late 30's when I hit 50.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

You can do it, lonelysheep! Most people tell Lori they think she's in her mid-30s. When she had her daughters, she left the hospital both times in her misses size 4 jeans.

S4

• mouthy
    mouthy

she left the hospital both times in her misses size 4 jeans.
    NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL BRAGGING!!!!No one leaves after a baby in size 4 jeans. !!!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I like this comment best

"It "aint" Golden!!!! Rusty in MY veiw." ...thanks Mouthy

The Stones once sang "What a drag is is getting old!!!" and they were young at the time...As for me? Well I could retire if I chose to...I feel ok, I wouldnt mind getting older, but I thought you were supposed to get wiser too

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    You can do it, lonelysheep! Most people tell Lori they think she's in her mid-30s. When she had her daughters, she left the hospital both times in her misses size 4 jeans.

Damn...she had kids, too!?! :O

Thank you for the encouragement! This will only be my 3rd attempt at making it a habit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit