Obama's Comments on 'Small Town' Voters- Sadly, he nailed it

by nvrgnbk 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Government needs to be however damn big it needs to be. The important thing is that it works. Which takes these ignorant cynics who keep saying "government can't do anything right" to stfu and get busy helping the rest of us make government do things right.

Bingo. Those who preach that low taxes necessarily equates with "high quality of life" upset me. It simply doesn't work that way.

I remember when President Reagan first took office. He said he was going to cut down on the size of American government. However, the bureaucracy actually mushroomed under his watch. Even Reagan didn't stop "big government".

The big difference is those who rabidly preach "the less government, the better" have been ruining government, in effect forcing a fulfillment of their own prophecy.

What we need is effective government. The government does have a role in the prosperity of America. It's not just the free market by itself that can make America prosper (as was shown by the home mortgage crisis that is still spinning out of control, leading even the Bush administration to call for increased oversight -- well, duh -- that's what should have been installed in the first place).

• Gopher
    Gopher

Double posted.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Darn it! They are always telling Black people that they don't qualify when applying for a job! I don't care how many degrees you have or how many jobs you had...You're still not qualified! Now, we get to see this being done publicly!

Hillary and McCain are qualified because they've been *Presidents* before???? Give me a break!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Bush Jr. should of went to remedial school for Presidents!

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Obama?!?!?! You have GOT to be kidding me! I can't believe anyone would openly admit they are for the guy. I hope that koolade went down smooth, get your heads out of the clouds people! I can handle having a difference of opinion with folks I like, but this is beyond the pale! I'm out. Makes me sick. RD of the "Decision 08, they are ALL vermin, all three of 'em" disgusted sheep class.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Obama?!?!?! You have GOT to be kidding me! I can't believe anyone would openly admit they are for the guy. I hope that koolade went down smooth, get your heads out of the clouds people! I can handle having a difference of opinion with folks I like, but this is beyond the pale! I'm out. Makes me sick. RD of the "Decision 08, they are ALL vermin, all three of 'em" disgusted sheep class.

Are you still opposed to voting? I remember when I use to say "My guy isn't running" when people asked me if I was voting..."Man can't direct his own step". I've voted several times since I've been out; but "My guy" didn't win. Well, I did vote for Pres. Bill Clinton.

• Warlock
    Warlock

If he was a Republican, would you still be saying he "nailed it"?

I mean if he made similar statements about one of those "untouchable" groups who may hold the opposite views to those "small town" folks.

Warlock

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    would you still be saying he "nailed it"?

Warlock

Nailed what, exactly????

I am picturing a nail.....right now.........

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'll be happy to stop playing the JW card in political discussions when politicians and their followers stop talking like them. Democrats can't stop cheering at bad news, and Republicans can't stop seeing satan behind everything that happens.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I mean if he made similar statements about one of those "untouchable" groups who may hold the opposite views to those "small town" folks.

When he says it, I'll have to read the whole story before I rush to judgement. Do you believe that only White people live in small towns?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit