Obama's Comments on 'Small Town' Voters- Sadly, he nailed it

by nvrgnbk 79 Replies latest jw friends

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Government needs to be however damn big it needs to be

Ours has never been bigger! Under the watch of so called conservatives!

But with an attitude like yours, you will be giving too much FAITH to Government to do the right thing. It's time to become accountable to how OUR money is spent!

http://www.helium.com/items/94264-barrel-negative-describing-government

• oompa
    oompa

I am just so sick and tired of the subject of jobs being discussed by politicians....esp. if they say they are going to "create" high paying jobs, or jobs of any type like I just heard one claim recently. It is soooo pie in the sky, and all presidents aond goveners would have done it if it was possible. I don't think they have ever created a job that actually pays for itself....taxpayers fund government created jobs. All any government can do is try and create an environment conducive to job creation, and the problem with that is, many other world governments are doing the same thing.

I am bitter at the the lies...................oompa

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    and then vote your lousy cynicism the way half of America has been voting, for corrupt morons and their evil, stupid cronies, and not pay a price both in American treasure and blood?

First off, this will be my first election that I will be voting in! So I really haven't voted 4 anyone at this moment! And for your information I won't be vote for a Republician!

As far as my cynicism u need to familiarize yourself with Illinois politics! Then you can appreciate where im coming from.

Here is one fighting to cut wasteful spending!

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/4a3ab6fe-b025-42b1-815b-13c696a61908.htm

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    And inner city folk, say, in Chicago cling to guns and beating up others who aren't like them why?

What small town folk get tired of is the paternalistic attitude from "Big city" folks that come to our places to live and vacation. Screwing up the area, telling us not to "kill bambi" and doing thing's like passing law's that actually cause more death of species due to lack of controlled hunts, etc. Assuming that just because they've grown up in a big city, that the farmer down the road is less educated, when often these farmer's are wealthier, have gone to school longer, but just happen to like their gun, their tractor, etc.

Sorry, much better have a redneck @ my back with a gun than most idiots from the city. People from small towns rarely shoot PEOPLE with their guns.

Amen and hell yeah Avi.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    >>>>Oh please Avishai, you're not a country mouse, so quit effing acting like it on this forum. You're 100% liberal, deal with it.<<<

No, I'm not. I'm socially liberal for the most part, and I'm fiscally conservative. Which is why the Bush govt. disgusts me. I'm also agianst the govt. getting involved in my life unless it damn well needs too. That's why I'm pro-choice, pro-legalization, and pro-gun.
    As for the "country mouse" thing, that's exactly what I'm talking about. People assume because I am literate, well spoken and socially liberal that I grew up in a city. I've spent the majority of my life in rural areas, and I live in one now. I've lived in big city's, but for instance, I went to the last two room school in Oregon, 25 kids in the whole school, grades 1-6. Like hillbilly said, assuming that I am either one way or the other is silly, just because I live in the sticks does'nt make me religious, racist, or homophobic. Which is the stereotype that Obama is promulgating, and I for one am a lil' offended.

Other than the abortion thing, which I do not see as a social issue but as a human rights issue, I am pretty much there with you. I live in the sticks too, it's 8 miles to the nearest gas station, and I am watching deer nibble in my backyard through the window. I am originally from the city, and you can keep it. Burn

• Warlock
    Warlock
    When he says it, I'll have to read the whole story before I rush to judgement. Do you believe that only White people live in small towns?

No, but what does that have to do with it?

Warlock

• free2beme
    free2beme

When he came to our town there were people driving around with union jacks out and signs that said "N**** go home" ... as a small town resident, I think he actually nailed it. Although the most honest comment they could say ...

"I will get elected with big promises. Come in an take credit for everything good, blame everything bad on the previous administration and other party. In the end, things will be run more by big business and not me, as to get elected I needed there money and my party and my campaign will need it again in four years. When I run for reelection I will deny and ignore any mistakes I or my party made, and highlight small things you hardly noticed during my time as major advancements. To rest your mind at ease though, be assured that who ever you elected would get about the same amount done and accomplish the same mediocre performance. So vote for who ever you want and bask in the glow of American politics!"

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I believe Barack Obama to be a Man of Integrity and Honor. He doesn't play games to win an election; he tells it the way it is.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I believe Barack Obama to be a Man of Integrity and Honor. He doesn't play games to win an election; he tells it the way it is.

You will be dissapointed.

Burn

• free2beme
    free2beme

Being blinded by politicians is like being blinded by religion. I guess we have to remove one blinder at a time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit