How do you fell when you look back at your time as a JW ??

by karter 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I have no animosity. I figured the Lord got me where I am today via a detour through the Society.

RR

What a wonderful attitude, getting on with life what's lost is lost. lol hope4others

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Embarrassed. It's such a weird thing to have on your life resume. "I joined the Jehovah's Witnesses at age 22 and stayed in until I was 31."

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I feel a lot of things,but very few of them any good.

I still cannot fully explain how I fell for the whole thing in the beginning, and then remained suckered-in for so long afterwards. (Embarrassment features strongly here!)

The only benefit that I came away with (flawed as it may be) is learning how to speak in public.
    But ..... even that was a bloody expensive course in public speaking!

Jack.

• oompa
    oompa

As a 4th gen brainwashed from birth I feel:

BITTER

CHEATED

DEFRAUDED

MISLED

DEPRIVED

VIOLATED

CONTROLLED

DUPED

IMPRISONED

BRAINWASHED (did I say that?)

LIED TO

MISGUIDED

STILL TRAPPED (by family in)

Bitter...again....................oompa

• Dagney
    Dagney

I hear ya oompa. **sigh**

I know it wasn't all bad. But what matters is today and what you make it. I have worked hard on letting the past and current expectations go with regards to that time. So I don't like to think about it much. I'd rather think about everything I want to do now.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

LIFES RENDEVOUS WITH LIARS!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Life skills such as public speaking could have been learned somewhere else.
    I view it as a total waste of 2 decades. I cannot credit them with any of the good
    that comes out of those 2 decades.

I met and fell in love with my wife. Sure I am thrilled to have such a great lady. But
    she is still a dub, may stay a dub. Who's to say I am better off married to a dub?

My career is despite my dubbiness.

I am bitter and waste more time on JWD because of the bitterness.

If I were never a dub, I never would have met some great former dubs. There's a plus.

I cannot believe I did all that field circus and put so much effort into meeting parts and
    such, sat for hours at the conventions, lived around the theocratic schedule.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Sometimes I wish I could go back in time to enjoy my teenage years a bit more.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Angry and wasteful. I was doing what I hated for so long that I had talked myself into loving it and practicing tough love on myself: angry determined to be good face.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oompa,

I totally agree with you! Yes, it WAS all that bad. Just try being a 4th and convince some others that it was really really bad. They don't understand. Everyone in my entire life for generations were in and pressured me through talking about others spiritual failures to stay in and do more more more. I'm with ya. I'm a 4th and kids used to be 5th. Now the JW family are down to 3 generations and don't even know it. I'm faking it with them. I think that faking enjoying sex is so much easier that this. It's the PITS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit