How do you fell when you look back at your time as a JW ??

by karter 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• White Dove
    White Dove

Public speaking experience? What, for 5 minutes every 2 months? I didn't learn a thing! I saw plenty of others up there a lot more than that, though.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was nothing but a waste of time. I had to give up much time to go to those boasting sessions every week, and more for field circus. And, every time I wanted something that was within normal limits, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger had a Puketower or Asleep! that spoke out against it.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Everytime I was in the mood for an orgasm I was given some gorgeous scripture to think about!

Yeah !!

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Public speaking experience? What, for 5 minutes every 2 months? I didn't learn a thing! I saw plenty of others up there a lot more than that, though.

It actually worked for me (believe it or not!)

- just the same, it was experience not worth the 28 years of my life that it ended up costing.
    (No #*@^ing way!)

Jack.

• mind my own
    mind my own

I try not to be a negative person but...I honestly feel like my whole life up until 19 (or so) was wasted. I didn't learn the skills I needed for a normal life, didn't leave with any friends (I'm bad association), didn't see the value in education, I could go on and on...

I am just so thankful that I got out when I did. There is time for me to make up for the life I lost. A lot of others aren't so lucky.

MMO

• fifi40
    fifi40

I view it as part of my life's journey so far................but not a part that I necessarily willingly chose.

Have there been negative results.............probably, actually almost undoubtebly yes...........I think the panic attacks I have suffered with on and off throughout my life are to a large extent a result of having my head filled with fear based doctrine, but I understand that better now.

But I also think there have been positive benefits.............I think the whole experience, of being indoctrinated to learning the truth about the truth, has aided my compassionate side and understanding of what makes people behave the way they do.

To me there is no point in doing bitterness, hate or regret..........in the words of Forrest Gump 'Life's a box of chocolates; you never know what your going to get'. And in my own words 'Life is short, so find a way to make it as sweet as possible and try not to dwell on the bad stuff that it is inevitable we will trip across at some point on the journey'.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I try to lern by my experiences in life, however painful they have been, without becoming bitter and resentful. It is sometimes very hard to do when feeling so betrayed by the WT and having family trapped in the cult and being fearful of losing them. I try to think of life as being on a spiritual journey and trust that I will be guided through it by God.

Maddie

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

fifi40,

much as everyone here would love to take the pathway you suggest, reality has stolen it from them!

I know your force for action, but for many the actions are repeatedly demoralising till - here they are!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Cheated and lied to. A huge waste of time.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Crusoe

You do seem on a bit of a downer. I actually didnt suggest a course of action for anyone just answered the question raised from my own perspective.

For the record life has thrown its fair amount of shite at me from being raised in a mind control organisation whilst being the child of an two abusive parents (in their own ways), divorce, losing my 2 day year old son, facing the blood dilemna for both myself and my son and having a 15 year old son who is being raised by his JW father in this religion........all of which does not fill me with joy. I have been pinned against doors by my father and he has offered to shoot both of us; I have had him smack me in the face whilt I had stitches in my face and then insist on my attendance at the meeting on Sunday; I have watched the same man cry like a baby and sink into depression when his wife left him and her children after 26 years of marriage. I was 13 at the time and the reponsibility of running a home fell on me. I have a brother who I love who has turned his back on me because on his religious beliefs. I could fill a page but what is the point.

It is stuff that has happened, mostly with me having very little say in the matters.

Despite the crap, I am happy to be alive and I am happy to have the frame of mind that has made me be a survivor and to seek out a good life for myself and to try and accept and be content with what my life is and has been.

I dont expect all to feel the same or for all to cope in the same way but if I can bring a little happiness, inspiration, understanding or just compassion then I am happy to give it. Sure thing is that wallowing in pity is not going to make you feel any better about yourself or your situation.

Fi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit