Has anyone had visits from those that have crossed over?

by LouBelle 51 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, in my dream, once. A woman who was like a mother to me died. I was and am still crushed. Two months after her death, she visited me to say goodbye and congratulate me on graduating high school.

At the time and for years afterwards, I thought it was real. It was, the dream that is, as well as the experience in the dream. But that's what it actually was-an experience in a dream, NOT a real life experience. I now understand the difference and accept that. The difference is also real.

When I stayed in a haunted B&B in New Orleans, I was told that I can have guests if I want. Well, nowadays, I realize that those "guests" will be there if I want them to be. I could "see" what I wanted to see if I choose. I tried but nothing happened.

It took some time for me to accept that there is no afterlife, even if I want there to be.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    It took some time for me to accept that there is no afterlife, even if I want there to be.

I believe there is an afterlife, and I don't need hauntings to convince me.

• Casper
    Casper

I've posted the following on here before.... Just my personal experience.... I in no way, doubt the experiences of others.

Cas

I have been widowed twice at fairly young ages. My first committing suicide at the age of 28.

Over the 10 years that that we were married… we often talked of death and tried to imagine what might be on the other side. He felt it was just a door way to the "Other Side" as he put it.

My Husband seemed obsessed with death and often brought up the thought of suicide, if things ever got to be too much for him, it was to be his escape hatch, I suppose. Sometimes he used it as a threat to get his way.

I heard it so often I didn’t give it much thought over the years. I was young and considering everything going on at the time …things just didn’t click for me.

During many of our talks of death, he always told me that when he "went" (died) that he would do "Everything" in his power to contact me from the other side. We had many long discussions over this…

I was told to "Keep on the Watch"…I honestly feel that if there is, in fact, a way for the dead to contact us, he would have done it. He would have found a way.

It has been 25 years and there has been nothing…"NOT" one thing has happened that I could honestly point to and say… "Yes, He contacted me today…"

My conclusions:

1. There is nothing after death.

2. The dead really are asleep in Jehovah’s memory.

3. The dead are not allowed to contact us.

4. They have to be invited in some manner… (which I never did)

5. That by committing suicide he lost all access to any powers.

6. Or, he is having such a "GOOD" time…he has forgotten all about me..!!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I did up until a few years ago, Burn, because I just didn't know. I didn't want to think about it not being there. Now, I'm a skeptic, not because I wanted to be, but because I couldn't go along pretending or hoping there was more than right now. That's why I posted.

• Renegade
    Renegade

If you think the last one's true send a prayer to the person ruling the 'other side' to give him a clout for forgetting you.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Casper

3. The dead are not allowed to contact us.
    4. They have to be invited in some manner… (which I never did)

I agree with point 4 and I think it influences point 3.

If a person really wants contact with someone who has passed, they should state clearly to the universe that this is what they are asking for. They need to give permission for that contact.

5. That by committing suicide he lost all access to any powers.

Those who commit suicide get healing on the other side. They do not get sent to "hell". They are cared for and understood.

6. Or, he is having such a "GOOD" time…he has forgotten all about me..!!

He will never forget all about you IMO.

Sirona

• Casper
    Casper
    If you think the last one's true send a prayer to the person ruling the 'other side' to give him a clout for forgetting you

Renegade.... LOL... I just may do that....

Sirona,

If a person really wants contact with someone who has passed, they should state clearly to the universe that this is what they are asking for. They need to give permission for that contact.

I've thought of that many times, but to be honest, it terrifies me. Why, I don't know.... makes no sense that I should be afraid of someone that meant so much to me. Just the unknown I guess.

You really think there is healing on the other side for persons that committed suicide..?

You seem very knowledgeable on the subject of afterlife, I enjoy reading your thoughts on posts like this.

Cas

• Sirona
    Sirona
    I've thought of that many times, but to be honest, it terrifies me. Why, I don't know.... makes no sense that I should be afraid of someone that meant so much to me. Just the unknown I guess.

This is a very common reason for people to not have spirit contact - the fear. It is entirely possible to block out experiences through fear....I know because I did it for years as a JW. They taught me that my experiences as a child (before becoming a JW at 12) were experiences with demons. Next time I "sensed" something I was terrified and blocked it out. The fear can exist inside even if we don't realise it too.

You really think there is healing on the other side for persons that committed suicide..?

100% definately. I've met people who I believe are genuine spirit mediums and I've read quite widely on the subject. I've also read about near death experiences. All sources say that the suicide victims did what they did because of some kind of mental illness (or accident...they didn't mean it to work). Suicide is NOT the answer to their problems though. So when they arrive on the other side they are just as confused and just as depressed as they were in their body. However they do then get a chance for healing, with help, and they start their healing journey over there. Time doesn't exist there like it does here, so it doesn't count the years like we do.

My dad died suddenly of a heart attack and I do think that some people who go suddenly like that tend to need a bit of healing when they get there. I knew in my heart that this was one thing that was happening with my dad soon after he passed.

You seem very knowledgeable on the subject of afterlife, I enjoy reading your thoughts on posts like this.

Thanks! To be honest I've always been reluctant to be this open because I think that I'll get labelled a crackpot!

Sirona

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Sirona, I am enjoying your posts here. I feel the same way you do. I am sensitive, but have never proceeded further.

I have seen and talked to my dad in dreams. Mostly soon after his death. Thru the whole dream we both know he needs to go back, but he wants to tell me goodbye first. He wanted to give my daughter a kiss in one, she was 6 months old when he died and he loved her alot. I have felt him in my home and my car, sitting in the passenger seat. I felt him when I was cooking dinner on a particularly crazy day. I could see him laughing and shaking his head at all the commotion. Kind of like, "Payback baby". And I have smelled his cologne while I was outside several times.

We were at a mall in TN where a Civil War battle took place. It was dark out and as we walked to the car, all of a sudden I felt breezes brushing up against me, coming from every direction. I was overwhelmed and had to ask it to stop. It did.

My 2 cents. momz

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    My dad died suddenly of a heart attack and I do think that some people who go suddenly like that tend to need a bit of healing when they get there. I knew in my heart that this was one thing that was happening with my dad soon after he passed.

My take is that we don't go to heaven until we are ready. And many of us are not ready at death. Maybe some of us hang around for a while to learn a bit and get ready.

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit