Has anyone had visits from those that have crossed over?

by LouBelle 51 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Is that then proof enough that there is life after death?

Does that mean we do actually have a soul?

Could you touch them for real?

Were you afraid?

I have these moments where I'm consumed by god and feel that I've achieved some sort of relationship and understanding of him, and there are moments when I'm crushed the by the silence and the horridous things people get up too and he does sweet blow all.

So if you have been visited, tell me what it was like and if you believed it.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yes, many times.

At the risk of being accused of being insane, I will tell you about it. There is a difference between having some paranormal type experiences and being mentally ill. My experiences do not occur very often (up until recently...and then they only occur now when I want them to), they do not involve discarnate voices telling me what to do or giving me a commentary on my life. When this sort of stuff is NOT happening I'm a perfectly normal person (well cough cough you know... lol)

Now thats out the way:

There are different ways for spirits to appear to us. I've seen spirits who look as solid as you or me. The only way you know that they are spirits is that they appear somewhere surprising (like in my room at night) and they disappear right in front of your eyes.

Some spirits appear as "energy" - lights or movements which you notice fleeting by or from the corner of your eye.

Most often I experience spirits in my minds eye. So I "see" them but not with my physical eyes. Of course it could be suggested that these are my imagination. The surrounding experience and information is a guage as to whether I made it up or not! lol. If I "see" a spirit and I'm with a person I don't know....and I describe that spirit in detail (height, hair colour, description, including their personality and other things I couldn't have previously known) then I accept that I didn't imagine it. Plus, the feeling is very different when I sit and deliberately imagine something compared to this experience of a spirit actually being there.

You cannot touch them, in my experience, unless you have had the visit in a dream. In which case its as though they're really there. I've had touches from spirits though, like little strokes of my forehead, or a breeze in my face.

I'm currently training my mediumistic abilities. For all these years I knew I could see spirits but I shied away from actually developing it.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona
    Is that then proof enough that there is life after death?

Its proof enough for me. I don't accept the JW view of the matter. It is ridiculous to imagine that demons provide such comfort and hope to the bereaved, time and time again.

Does that mean we do actually have a soul?

The body is a vessel. So yes.

Were you afraid?

No. I have had only one or two experiences which made me afraid and that was because the entity wasn't a nice one.

Sirona

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

There's a few great show on cable T.V that do "Ghost hunting." They set up camera's and electronic equipment to find spirits in haunted houses.....so far they have found NOTHING! Sure they find dust paticles wizz by the camera which they claim is an "Orbe from the spirit world." But NO ONE has ever taken a solid picture or produced any real evidence. Surley someone would have a video camera running just one time!

• Renegade
  • Renegade
    Renegade

That last post was an accident! Stupid computer... I heard this theory put forward by a man that made a book about it. He said that one day he was sitting by a river and saw a pale image of a couple kissing each other over it and said it had something to do with the water. I'm not completely sure what to think but I'm going to keep looking.

• Sirona
    Sirona

The TV shows that do ghost hunting are scams.

Many people who claim to be mediums are charlatans.

Just because there are charlatans out there doesn't mean that there aren't geniune spirit experiences.

Sirona

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I have these moments where I'm consumed by god and feel that I've achieved some sort of relationship and understanding of him, and there are moments when I'm crushed the by the silence and the horridous things people get up too and he does sweet blow all.

We are much alike LB.

Faith needs doubt.

Doubt is not the opposite of faith; it is one element of faith

Burn

• Renegade
    Renegade

I think there may just be something out there. But with the advancements in technology and human intelligence it can often be hard to differentiate between a scam or a genuine account.

• jamiebowers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit