A STUNNINGLY simple question about JOHN 3:16 "For God so Loved the world."

by Terry 384 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

"WHAT IS THE BASIS FOR "God so loved the world..."?" ---------------- Terry, you've had this question answered every possible way. EVEN YOUR QUESTION CONTAINS THE ANSWER. Love is its own rationale. You know this already.

• Terry
    Terry
    THIS GUY IS INNOCENT! But, the court of "highest Justice" convicted and killed him, approved by God! The guilty parties went scot free. Once again, approved by God.

Christian Justice convicts the innocent.

Christian Justice lets the guilty go free.

God approves.

God is a god of Justice.

What is wrong with this picture?

I'll tell you: IT MAKES NO SENSE!

I repeat yet again..

On what basis can God be said to LOVE man (John 3:16) so much that he would miscarry justice for him and create a kangaroo court that perverts innocence and guilt???

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    On what basis can God be said to LOVE man (John 3:16) so much that he would miscarry justice for him and create a kangaroo court that perverts innocence and guilt???

Kangaroo court.

That says it all.

Your judgement is greater than God's I suppose.

Burn

• real one
    real one

Terry you are obviously an unbeliever and no one will be able to answer you questions to satisfaction because we dont know the answers either. no one knows how God thinks but i can tell you he is Just because HE MADE JUSTICE!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Terry

Romans 5:18

So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Perry

"Love is its own rationale" - BRILLIANT!

• Perry
    Perry

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!

• trevor
    trevor
    On what basis did GOD SO LOVE the world?

‘He who puts his faith in the Son has hold of eternal life, but he who disobeys the Son shall not see life that life; God’s wrath rests upon him.’ John 3:36. New English Bible.

Perfect love is not conditional. If we offer our love to someone and then tell them that failure to accept our love will result in our wrath, we are not offering love. We are threatening the person. This is a bullying - love me or else attitude and is an abuse of the word love.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses Bible uses the words, ‘God’s wrath remains upon him.’ Suggesting that it is already there and can only be removed by accepting the love on offer, under pain of death.

These are just the writings of a man called John, which have been claimed as God’s words. If a perfect God exists, John has failed to explain such a God.

• Terry
    Terry

After a lot of Bible reading and trying to come to grips with the wildly divergent 'God' being portrayed, I came to realize that God is wholeness of our being, bringing the two opposing forces into equilibrium...so maybe God so loving the world was the opposite pole to his condemnatory nature revealed at the beginning - making the creation whole...and that is what each of our own lives are all about too, no?

God has a nature. God is essentially identifiable through his actions and inactions.

In view of the bible representing God as a living being of purpose and perfection, it would stand to reason God's actions and inactions would demonstrate superbly the essence of what that nature is.

God creates opportunity for man to live forever in pleasure by placing him in Eden.

God gives man companionship by making a wife.

God provides purpose in pro-creating (imitating God's creating principle) for man and wife.

God provides limits and boundries for man and warns of consequences for violating those boundries.

Then.....

The puzzling things start to demonstrate another side of God's nature.

God allows a third party to mispresent the boundries of man without intervention. (Keep in mind, God intervened with Cain by warning him that sin was crouching at his door and asking him if he would get the better of it.)

God allows that third party (serpent/Satan) to misrepresent God's nature, motives and power.

Man acts according to the infomation received by interpreting it according to his own best interests (being like God and knowing good and bad.)

God either feigns ignorance of what is happened or definitely was ignorant of what had transpired. "Where are you? Who told you you were naked? What have you done?")

God proceeds to invalidate the nature of his warning ("In the day you eat of it, you will surely die.") by extending the penalty over a vast lifetime (930 years) in which humans can reproduce millions of offspring with the taint of death. This extra penalty clause was never previously mentioned. It was, in essence, outside the original jurisdiction of man's understanding.

God curses mankind and the third party with the assurance of final reckoning. (He will bruise you in the head, you will bruise him in the heel.)

God permits unrighteousness.

God alternately warns man, destroys him, picks favorites, punishes, makes threats and often goes back on those threats (Jonah v. Ninevah).

All the above reads more like legendary stories than a portrait of an actual living being with core values and perfect intellect.

God's rightous anger blazes against weak, puny, insignificant men, women, old people, infants and even the unborn.

What God doesn't smite; he allows others to.

Is it rude to question the basis for God's LOVE?

• Terry
    Terry
    "WHAT IS THE BASIS FOR "God so loved the world..."?" ---------------- Terry, you've had this question answered every possible way. EVEN YOUR QUESTION CONTAINS THE ANSWER. Love is its own rationale. You know this already.

Perry, Perry, Perry....

Have you looked up the word "rationale" in the dictionary lately?

If I've had this question answered "every possible way" it eludes me what those answers contained by way of information.

My question contains the answer?

Let me ask you this.

Can you fill in this blank?

God so loved the world because _______. Fill in that blank, please.

Will you be saying, "Just because."?

Or, will you actually provide reasons?

I apologize if I am so dense that I have missed your reasons. I just can't find them when I look.

Thank you.

(P.S. While you are looking up "rationale", would you also look up "tautology"?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit