When You Were a Child /or Now - Your Favorite Cartoon Characters ?

by flipper 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Another Flintstones fan here.

I also liked Roadrunner and Wyle E. Coyote, Top Cat, Pink Panther and TinTin (although that used to annoy me because it was serialised and I didn't like waiting till the next day lol)

Now, if I had tv, I'd still like those plus The Simpsons and South Park.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

From the 1960's, The Rocky and Bullwinkle show. From the 1990's, Beavis and Butthead. In my opinion, the Rocky and Bullwinkle show was one very cool cartoon because it featured stuff that both adults and children could appreciate. I'll never forget one episode of the Rocky and Bullwinkle show when they made a pun on the name "Francois Villon," who was a sixteenth-century French poet. I really couldn't believe my ears.

As for the contemporary stuff, I like the Simpsons. I dislike "Family Guy" because too much of the satire is very cruel and mean-spirited. "South Park" is a little better than "Family Guy," but again the "humor" on South Park can also be cruel.

• Beta Male
  • AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

FOGHORN LEGHORN

• flipper
    flipper

My god this thread has blown up ! Incredible . I told my wife and said, " I'll be lucky to get 4 or 5 replies on this ! Boy, was I wrong ! " Anyway, interesting sidenote - For years I collected antique Warner brothers characters I'd find at antique stores. Actual 1930's and 1940's bobbleheads of Bugs Bunny, the Roadrunner, Wily Coyote- I still have em' sitting out on our book shelf in the dining room with some Sacramento Kings and San Fransisco Giants bobbleheads. It's hilarious !

Thanks for all the replies ! Wow ! We were all a bunch of cartoon junkies, eh? LOL! I still occasionally watch the Warner brothers ones - some I have on DVD , some on VHS . Remember Bugs Bunny episodes with Marvin the Martian ? Nobody mentioned that yet ! Remember Marvin telling Bugs , " Don't make me destroy you with my plutonium 36487 space modulator ! " I would be hypnotized for hours watching Warner brothers

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

UnderDog

That cartoon where they were in an underwater city - anyone recall the name of that?

AND of course Family Guy, South Park and you-know-who these days

• minimus
    minimus

FOGHORN LEGHORN

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Hey, flipper, thanks for starting this thread.

<hijack>
    I started out with avishai's link to the Marc Antony cartoon, and soon ended up watching - or trying to watch - Disney's "Little Hiawatha." It is pretty and full of teh cuteness, but it pisses me off. It is true neither to history, edifying legend, the epic poem, nor even the basic facts of animal behavior. Only the quality of the background art (Disney could animate water like nobody else) saves it from being utter kitsch.
    </hijack>

Anyhow: I'm all about Bugs Bunny and his victims pals. And, in fact, most Warner Brothers productions up through the early '60's. Then the quality, not only of the art but the writing, really began to deteriorate. I think the Termite Terrace crew were in their prime from about 1940-1955. For animation, that's a good long run.

You know, I just might spend a couple hours today watching cartoons on youtube, or seeing what's available in the "Watch Now" section at Netflix.

gently feral

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

The Tasmanian Devil was my favorite Warner Bros character! I should make him my avatar. I, probably, watched South Park one or two times. I don't know what thread made me make that avatar!

739px-Taz1.png taz picture by Milkshakesrtasti

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

My two favorites......

alt

alt

WHY???? Because they never TALKED!!!! altalt When I turn on cartoons now for my grands, all I hear is SpongeBob screaming, constant ear-shattering noise, and it seems as if the volume goes up with every commercial even if you don't turn it up yourself.alt

Oh...for a nice, quiet cartoon where all you hear is "beep-beep" as a huge anvil drops back on Wiley's head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit