VERY BAD NEWS...my son is going to Bethel............

by oompa 50 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    In a way this could help him see the light.

Bethel can disillusion faster than membership in a local congregation.

Let's just hope they don't find a place for him within their organization.
    Maybe you can remind him later that, "It's not too late to go back to what
    you had, but soon it will be."

• freetosee
    freetosee

I agree with whats been said... lets hope it opens his eyes...

fts

• jgnat
    jgnat

Just remember, often the society can be our most useful ally in exposing the hypocrisy. Perhaps your son would never recognize the corrupt core unless he sees it for himself. Wish him well, have confidence in his intelligence and good sense.

• oompa
    oompa

I have 2 sons, one extremely strong willed (therefore deemed bad/rebelious) so he is df'd. The other, extremely self-disiplined, neat, dedicated, and conforming (ideal bethel lifer). He is so smart and already has some good higher education, but I can't get him back in school. Now it really may never happen.......what a stinkin waste.................................oompa

• blondie
    blondie

Bethel life has killed the "spirituality" of many a young man (or woman). It opened my eyes.

Blondie

• gymbob
    gymbob

Oompa,

Both of us being former bethelites, I agree with New boy....it's probably the best thing you could hope for at this point (if he really wants to stay a JW that is).

It's important to plant some seeds.....tell him that when he gets there he will see some things that are not suppose to be at bethel....drinking, girls, partying, etc.(Hey why did I leave exactly? Just kidding). So every time he sees stuff like that going on, he will be reminded of what YOU told him.

I've seen ALOT of guys show up at bethel thinking that bethelites are nearly perfect and poop out little pink twinkies when they go....when he sees what the real bethel is like, his whole view of the organization will change....MAKE SURE HE HAS SOMEONE TO TURN TO AND TALK ABOUT THIS WITH. Gymbob

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Let's look at the bright side. He's young still and hopefully he will come to his senses soon. Be there for him when he does. Always make sure you leave things so that he will look to you for help and advice. Never burn the bridge. At least he's doing what you raised him to do. He could be living in crack house selling himself for drugs.

momz

• uninformed
    uninformed

Open mind wrote:

If there's a silver lining to this, I'll share it. Look how many JWDers saw the light either AT Bethel or AFTER leaving. Seeing "how the sausage is made" at God's House might be what it takes to wake up your son.

Now that was funny.

Brant

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

What a shocker for you? How soon is this taking place?

Hope4others

• greendawn
    greendawn

As they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating and once he goes there and experiences the org's HQs first hand he will most probably see that the WTS is not what it claims to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit