VERY BAD NEWS...my son is going to Bethel............

by oompa 50 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I don't see how anybody could go to Bethel and not see the organisation in a new way; it's just a business, and he'll realise that soon enough.

(And don't listen to WAC)

• oompa
    oompa

Unfortunately, my son has had an incredible mentor at bethel his entire life. He has visited up there and gone on vacation with our friend many times. This guy just got let go after thirty years, and was a very highly trained tecno-geek......he nows serves a needy area, and is still faithful as crap. Right now, this is just plain scary.....but thanks for pointing out some possible good endings............oompa

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Oompa... hate to hear it..but maybe he will be the prodigal son when he finds out what a crappy place Beth hell is..... in the meantime, use this situation for your own nefarious purposes.... encourage him via email to send all the bethell breakfast news...tell him maybe it will encourage you..... heh heh....

blondie:

Bethel life has killed the "spirituality" of many a young man (or woman). It opened my eyes.

True that... between temporary bethel service and MTS my "spirituality" was destroyed....... I ran on MTS fumes for another few years before walking away... I probably would have left sooner if not for that crapola "school"...

Let's hope Oompa's son figures out what is on the other side of the curtain in the land of Oz WT.

Snakes ()

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sorry Oompa, I guess I'm a little late to the party. So much good has already been said.

Ask him why they are calling him in when a couple of thousand have just been asked to leave?

He will be going into HQ at a very depressing time. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get a warm welcome from everybody since his coming in represents the booting out of others. Also, since he's going into Brooklyn, he's going into the 'superiority complex' of spiritual giants where 'new boys' have typically been viewed as grunts that will likely get into trouble in the big city. But some of the reputation goes back to the bindery days. I don't know what it's like these days.

How does your son feel about 'dress codes' as outlined in the crap sent to the congregations to visit Bethel? The list of rules is truly astounding.

Keep us posted...

B the X

• metaspy
    metaspy

I am very surprised to hear that they took your son now.
    my brother (who is at Brooklyn) said the official word is "no newboys".

Since my brother is in need of a room mate, I wonder if your son will get stuck with him...
    that would be weird.

Please keep us posted.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

This may be a good thing Oompa. He might see the bs and wake up. Try and be happy.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I believe things happen for a reason. Perhaps this experience will eventually be what your son needs to finally see the light.

In any case, I hope you can take heart that you've encouraged him to be independent - he will remember those words one day. I've got my own heartache regarding a child who is embarking on a path that is causing her a lifetime of pain, I know how hard this is for you. As a parent all we can do is support our children and let them know we love them no matter what choices they make.

• Casper
    Casper

Oompa,

Just wanted to let you know, that just like everyone else here, I also understand how you feel about this.

All we can do is hope for the best...

Cas

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Oompa, only until i went to Bethel did I see things in the WTS as they were. Of course, it took more for me to leave entirely, but that was the start. I wouldn't see this as a bad thing at all.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We all do dumb things. And, unfortunately for him, that is one mistake that is going to cost him years of his life and possibly his health. Hopefully, he will be back and apostate within 6 months after realizing Beth Hell is nothing more than a prison. Otherwise, he is in for being used up for the next 20 years and then thrown out in the streets without a penny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit