VERY BAD NEWS...my son is going to Bethel............

by oompa 50 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

Metaspy, that would be too funny if my son rooms with your brother, both with great apostate support. I hear all you guys about the possible wake up, but he has already done some stints up there at the farm and loved it......he is a real team player...............oompa

I am not sure this kid is from my loins!!!!!

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Oompa,

This thread is a good test to know if JWD is WT monitored. I don't know to what extent you want to remain anonymous but, IMO, you have already said enough on this thread to be identified. In a context where there is hardly any new intake of bethelites, the new-comer -who-has-an-ability- to get-the-Brooklin-business-liquidated should be easily identified and, therefore, his father.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Oompa, I don't know if I'm out of line for saying this, but if he loves it up there and he's happy with what he's doing, then why not be happy for him? There's a lot worse things he could be doing. I treasured my time at Wallkill and always will, despite seeing the WTS for what it is. There are good things and bad about Bethel life, just like life in general. He'll be living an exciting life and be making a lot of friends and doing what he loves. Even if that doesn't fulfill your idea of what he should be doing, why would you mourn his decision? Like many other ex-Bethelites have said, living at Bethel will open his eyes quicker than anything else will.

• oompa
    oompa
    daniel-p: Oompa, I don't know if I'm out of line for saying this, but if he loves it up there and he's happy with what he's doing, then why not be happy for him? There's a lot worse things he could be doing.

I might be happy all the time drunk or or high on pot, but is that real happiness? He will be happy believing a totally fraudulant belief, and doing what he is told to do by men that perpetuate lies, and promote shunning even CHILDREN! Sorry, but just because he is happy is not enough to make me happy, if his source of happiness is a farce.............oompa

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    happy believing a totally fraudulant belief, and doing what he is told to do by men that perpetuate lies, and promote shunning even CHILDREN! Sorry, but just because he is happy is not enough to make me happy, if his source of happiness is a farce.............oompa

Kudos for that comment. If my wife and your son are happy living the lie, why don't we
    leave it be? You have a good answer- supporting those men and their lies.

Also, Oompa has learned that temporary happiness can lead to future disasters.
    For Oompa and me, that lesson came from drinking. For his son, it could come from
    throwing his life away and not banking on his own future.

Still, there's every chance that he will learn the truth about Bethel. Drastic moves
    are on the way for WTS.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Oompa, I apologize for not posting earlier. I feel for you and I hope your son will awaken from the WTBS slumber soon. I've read some of the other posts here and agree with some that maybe once he sees it for himself maybe this will be the realization needed. "But", It also sounds like is strong willed and may be hard to change his ways.

I encourage to be strong and hang in there.

Thank you!

Quirky1

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I have had a few good freinds go to the big house. All came back changed... either totally zombied out-super JW's. Or, out within a few years.

I never went... but as I got into the fringe of the inner circle, Assembly Hall construction, MS etc ...well, let's just say what I saw didnt do much to confirm what little faith I may have had.

If you should worry, just worry that he doesnt come out bitter against people in general. He has half of your genes and will likely see Bethel for what it is in time.

Jeff

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Oh oompa, im so sorry.

By way of consolation we all know lots of bethelites who have seen the light and left. Maybe being closer to the hypocricy may eventually open his eyes. Until then, hang in there. We all make cracking mistakes when we are young. What would we have to tell the grandchildren if we didnt??

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I will exit him if you want. I have a method that has worked quite a few times. I've exited a few people that studied with me and I was under cover so to speak. I would come up with money to have someone, if not me, exit him. Steven Hassan could do it, and Randy Watters too, Why not invest some money in trying? Maybe this board can come up with some contributions to have a counselor exit him. I'd commit to donating and/or dedicating time and travel to do it. PM me if you want.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Oompa, I think I understand what you're saying. Yes, it is hard for me to watch my wife dedicate so much of her time to a falsity (she's over at the table studying the WT magazine as we speak), but what am I going to do? Am I going to alienate myself from my own family? Can I stop her from what she's doing? No. We can't change others. They can only change themselves. I understand why you mourn your son's decision when there's so many other better things he could be doing with his life. But again, what are you gonna do? Don't pity yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit