What Was The Silliest "Offense" That You Were Counseled For?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

Saying the word "jeez"... because it's based on the word Jesus.

• real one
    real one

Pulled in the back room because of brown shoes and black belt. (fashion faux pas) no way! too crazy

• real one
    real one

this thread is so funny

• odie67
    odie67

I had a "talk" on the theocratic school with my best friend and the setting was I was going to a worldly party and she was reading me scriptures regarding bad association...well at the end I told her that i appreciated her counsel but I was going to the party anyway. Well the the elders told us that when giving a "Talk" that the person should always accept the counsel. That didnt make sense to me because people always don't accept counsel. I was only 12 years old then and i knew that just wasnt realistic.

• berylblue
    berylblue

My daughter dressed too old for her age. Uh - what was I supposed to do? She matured when she was only 10 - by the time she was 13, she had a much better figure than I. I asked was I supposed to have her skip around the hall in MaryJanes and anklets? I was told that wouldn't be a bad idea....grrrrrrrrr

• berylblue
    berylblue

Oh, and in my second congregation - for criticizing the "friends" because they were far from friendly and because they went out in service in BMWs, dripping in gold, wearing fur coats. Gee, I'm sorry! I didn't realize that is JUST WHAT JESUS WOULD HAVE DONE!

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Pulled in the back room because of brown shoes and black belt. (fashion faux pas)

Holy shlt. If you HAD matched, then you would have been counselled for caring too much about the way you dressed. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• odie67
    odie67

chewing gum in the KH. Now I was 25 years old at the time. An elder stops me while I'm in the middle of a conversation with another sister and demanded that i spit it out.

• loosie
    loosie

this thread is hilarious.

Tuesday - didn't you know you were bad PR for the wt?
    Lostlight - I guess they think you'd be hornier after 6 months than before 6 months. weird!!

beggining of any AMC movie silence is golden.

so true Darth

asphere - too funny. I'd love to have seen that. Red is color. Tell them God made all colors.

Missing link - I guess the elders are fashion police as well.

Vinny - OMG I can't believe that is a spirtitual qualification.

sacolton

The next month, I'm standing to get my new magazines and on the counter are a dozen pens that are advertising one of the Brothers businesses. I was so furious.

What jerks...since when is a wedding business?

odie - lmbo "thanks I'm going to party like a rockstar anyway"

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

I was talked to by an elder because I had a habit of rubber-necking and looking at hot girls while driving or riding with someone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit