From the Book of Enoch

by Aleman 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• restrangled
    restrangled

Aleman,

Whether one believes or not, it is fascinating reading. Here is a link to the entire Enoch 1:http://reluctant-messenger.com/1enoch01-60.htm

Thanks for bringing up this subject and also thanks to Leolaia for your research.....(have you done any more on the subject?) Seems Enoch ties to much in Revelation also.

To go on from here, the Dead Sea Scrolls contained a section called The book of Giants. Also fascinating!

r.

• Aleman
    Aleman

Thanks, I defenately need to check that book out.

-Aleman

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah, I've studied 1 Enoch a very great deal...as I've said before, it is essential reading if you want to understand Judaism as it was in the time of Jesus and the apostles. It contains an enormous amount of information on what some Jews believed between the fourth century BC and the first century AD and it shows how certain beliefs prominent in Christianity emerged and developed in earlier Judaism. It also reveals some of the diversity in early Judaism and some of the ideological struggles between different factions (such as the calendrical dispute between the Essenes and Pharisees, which is especially marked in later Essene writings). The very close relationship between 1 Enoch and Daniel also sheds light on the historical milieu of the canonical book.

To go on from here, the Dead Sea Scrolls contained a section called The book of Giants. Also fascinating!

The contents of 1 Enoch varied widely, and the Book of Giants was probably the second section (after the Book of Watchers) that was displaced from the later version of the book in order to make room for the Book of Parables (which was absent from the copies of the book at Qumran). The third section, the Book of Luminaries, also circulated independently in fuller form among the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Book of Giants is especially interesting in light of its use of Mesopotamian mythological traditions (e.g. the apperance of Gilgamesh and possibly Ut-Napishtim in the book), and its significance as a possible source of ch. 7 of Daniel.

• Aleman
    Aleman

Leolaia,

I really have to read these books and get myself informed. There is no way I can't let this go. Where can I find these books?

-Aleman

• restrangled
    restrangled

Aleman, I can't answer for L. but if you google the titles you can find most on line. I spent 6 hours today reading through most of them on line, Time well spent!

Take care.

r.

• sinis
    sinis

I stand by my statement that the angels, demons and such are really alien life forms and we need to get with it.

All biblical references have been tampered with for hundreds of years. Keep that in mind when referring to things as historical fact.

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!! This is EXACTLY what has happened. Study mythology and ancient civilizations and you come to ONE conclusion - we are the product of another race. The "gods" are nothing more than a primative mans way of explaining another, far superior race.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit