From the Book of Enoch

by Aleman 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

This is what I think you believe in Aleman:

The world is flawed!

It needs a system in place for all to adhere to in order to improve!

Systems of realtime are selfish or idealistic and more importantly havent the authority to command everyones attention!

So we need a perfect system!

And we need authority!

God is not amongst us giving his authority in reality so lets consider history!

Ah - we see in history there were humans who said god gave them authority!

And they made up some rules for a better future for all mankind - the bloodshed bits were failed attempts to correct this!

So you limit all your choices to whatever present humans can dig up from the past as self appointed godspeak!

There are many humans who will take advantage of your vantage point! - See above!

• Aleman
    Aleman

Actually R.Cruel-soul,

I don't think you believe in an Almighty Powerful God, creator of all and bringer of peace. I bet you believe that Hillary is gonna win don't ya. Well, you have your freedom to say and believe anything you want, just let me believe and say anything I want since this is my freedom too.

History shows us of what we are able to do and how strong we can be. Like the saying goes; 'If he can, so can I'.

-Aleman

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Aleman:

-Is this believable to you? Do you think this is true or just another story? As for me, I believe.

What do you mean, you believe? You believe that human females gave birth to children who grew up to be 450 feet tall? What chain of reasoning could possibly compel you to believe such absurdities?

Have you read that Moses had a rod that turned into a cobra, it turned the sea into blood, killed all first born, Jacob fought Gods angel, and there are many other things that surpass the whole angels making bodies to make children. Come on man! get real!!!

If your best defense for believing the nonsense from the book of Enoch is that you also believe the nonsense from Genesis and Exodus, then perhaps it's you who needs to "get real".

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Nathan, did you do that one yourself? LOL

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

In answer to your hypothesis Aleman:

I choose not to believe what to believe!

My belief is a work in progress and always will be whether I wish it or not for that is the reality of being human!

Whether god exists or not has become less important than whether truth is my leader, rather than someone leading me to the truth!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Enoch...Shmeenoch! Why the hell can't we have a scholarly discussion about the missing Book of Pinochio?

-BONEZZ

• Aleman
    Aleman

It keeps saying;

1 Then Enoch, passing on, said to Azazyel: You shalt not obtain peace. A great sentence is gone forth against you. He shall bind you; 2 Neither shall relief, mercy, and supplication be yours, on account of the oppression which you have taught; 3 And on account of every act of blasphemy, tyranny, and sin, which you have discovered to the children of men. 4 Then departing from him I spoke to them all together; 5 And they all became terrified, and trembled; 6 Beseeching me to write for them a memorial of supplication, that they might obtain forgiveness; and that I might make the memorial of their prayer ascend up before the God of heaven; because they could not themselves thenceforwards address him, nor raise up their eyes to heaven on account of the disgraceful offence for which they were judged. 7 Then I wrote a memorial of their prayer and supplications, for their spirits, for everything which they had done, and for the subject of their entreaty, that they might obtain remission and rest. 8 Proceeding on, I continued over the waters of Danbadan, (16) which is on the right to the west of Armon, reading the memorial of their prayer, until I fell asleep. 9 And behold a dream came to me, and visions appeared above me. I fell down and saw a vision of punishment, that I might relate it to the sons of heaven, and reprove them. When I awoke I went to them. All being collected together stood weeping in Oubelseyael, which is situated between Libanos and Seneser, (17) with their faces veiled. 10 I related in their presence all the visions which I had seen, and my dream; 11 And began to utter these words of righteousness, reproving the Watchers of heaven.

-Aleman

• Aleman
    Aleman

1 Enoch 15:1-11

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Ok, bizarre as this may sound, and perhaps others know more, I just happened to view a film the other day in which Erich von Danniken (spelling) believes the Egyptian pyraminds were built by Enoch! I had never heard this before...it was mentioned only in passing, so I don't have any more details but it is certainly intriguing. This is a guy who studies earth's mysteries, of which the Egyptian pyramids are certainly in the forefront...apparently there some technology was used in their construction that was light-years ahead of its time, so Aleman, I am with you on this one...my mind is OPEN to all possibilities...

Edited to add: I just noticed I spellt pyramids 'pyraminds' - that is UNCANNY!

• Aleman
    Aleman

1 Then Uriel said, "Here the angels, who cohabited with women, appointed their leaders; 2 And being numerous in appearance (30) made men profane, and caused them to err; so that they sacrificed to devils as to gods. For in the great day there shall be a judgment, with which they shall be judged, until they are consumed; and their wives also shall be judged, who led astray the angels of heaven that they might salute them."

3 And I, Enoch, I alone saw the likeness of the end of all things. Nor did any human being see it, as I saw it. - 1 Enoch 19:1-3

-Aleman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit