From the Book of Enoch

by Aleman 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aleman
    Aleman

Check this:

1 Behold, he comes with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon them, and destroy the wicked, and reprove all the carnal for everything which the sinful and ungodly have done, and committed against him. - 1 Enoch 2:1

2 And when the angels, (3) the sons of heaven, beheld them, they became enamoured of them, saying to each other, Come, let us select for ourselves wives from the progeny of men, and let us beget children. 3 Then their leader Samyaza said to them; I fear that you may perhaps be indisposed to the performance of this enterprise; 4 And that I alone shall suffer for so grievous a crime. 5 But they answered him and said; 6 And bind ourselves by mutual execrations, that we will not change our intention, but execute our projected undertaking.We all swear; 7 Then they swore all together, and all bound themselves by mutual execrations. Their whole number was two hundred, who descended upon Ardis, (4) which is the top of mount Armon. 8 That mountain therefore was called Armon, because they had sworn upon it, (5) and bound themselves by mutual execrations.

9 These are the names of their chiefs: Samyaza, who was their leader, Urakabarameel, Akibeel, Tamiel, Ramuel, Danel, Azkeel, Saraknyal, Asael, Armers, Batraal, Anane, Zavebe, Samsaveel, Ertael, Turel, Yomyael, Arazyal. These were the prefects of the two hundred angels, and the remainder were all with them. 10 Then they took wives, each choosing for himself; whom they began to approach, and with whom they cohabited; teaching them sorcery, incantations, and the dividing of roots and trees. 11 And the women conceiving brought forth giants, 12 Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them; 13 When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them; 14 And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, (8) and to drink their blood. 15 Then the earth reproved the unrighteous. - 1 Enoch 7:2-15

-Is this believable to you? Do you think this is true or just another story? As for me, I believe.

-Aleman

• Aleman
    Aleman

It keeps saying:

1 Moreover Azazyel taught men to make swords, knives, shields, breastplates, the fabrication of mirrors, and the workmanship of bracelets and ornaments, the use of paint, the beautifying of the eyebrows, the use of stones of every valuable and select kind, and all sorts of dyes, so that the world became altered. 2 Impiety increased; fornication multiplied; and they transgressed and corrupted all their ways. 3 Amazarak taught all the sorcerers, and dividers of roots: 4 Armers taught the solution of sorcery; 5 Barkayal taught the observers of the stars, 6 Akibeel taught signs; 7 Tamiel taught astronomy; 8 And Asaradel taught the motion of the moon, 9 And men, being destroyed, cried out; and their voice reached to heaven. - 1 Enoch 8:1-9

1 Then Michael and Gabriel, Raphael, Suryal, and Uriel, looked down from heaven, and saw the quantity of blood which was shed on earth, and all the iniquity which was done upon it, and said one to another, It is the voice of their cries; 2 The earth deprived of her children has cried even to the gate of heaven. - 1 Enoch 9:1,2

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Very interesting, Aleman. I know James mentions the books of Enoch, so they were known in the first century, and possibly the Flood account incorporates some of this material in its story of the 'sons of God' coming down to the 'daughters of men'...one of these books of Enoch was only discovered in th 1800's if I have my facts right...do you think these 'sons of God' could have been alien visitors from other planets?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

See also: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/85223/1.ashx

Jude quotes from 1 Enoch 1:9, which the author regarded as genuine prophecy. The short epistle also alludes to 1 Enoch in many other places, and this book is widely used elsewhere in the NT, as well as in Barnabas, Tertullian, and other early Christian writings. From a historical perspective, 1 Enoch was also one of the most important books of early Judaism -- attesting an Enochic branch of Judaism that largely overlapped with Essenism (see Boccaccini on the development of Judaism in the second century BC). The Book of Parables, the latest portion of 1 Enoch to be written (probably dating to the early first century AD), also importantly attests the pre-Christian development of the "Son of Man" concept, and the older material in the Book of Dreams and the Book of Giants (which was replaced with the Book of Parables in the Ethiopic tradition, but which circulated independently in Qumran and in Manichaenism) yields some interesting background to the dream-visions in Daniel. So 1 Enoch is a very important work for understanding both early Judaism and early Christianity. As for 2 Enoch, its provenance and origin is a complete enigma.

• Aleman
    Aleman

Well, if you consider the fact that angels could be called alien from planet earth, mabey. I think that they are sons of God and they came to earth to ruin man from living a normal free life. They were never free do to the fact that on one side there were wizards and witches who learned majic from angels, and on the other side there were giants who made man either servants or dinner out of them. Not to mention the men who learn the art of warfare and the astrologers and the fornicators of angels and men. These were like your comic book mages that would try to rule the world.

-Aleman

• Aleman
    Aleman

Hey Leolaia,

Great information! I am so glad you gave me the link. It took some time but, I read it and enjoyed it all. I have a question though, do you suppose that the first christians used the book of Enoch? Do you think that this book is one of the rolls that will open in the new kingdom? I am also learning about the book of Enoch, You think we can get together and pitch ideas and information we have looked up? I have always been intrieged by this book, mabey we can further educate ourselves on it.

-Aleman

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yes, I believe that was used by Christians in the first century, as Jude clearly shows, and as possible allusions in many other books may show as well. 1 Enoch 1:9 has echoes in 1 Thessalonians 3:13, Mark 8:38, and Matthew 25:31, and the Book of Parables has many parallels in the NT as well. It was quoted again as "scripture" in the anonymous homily attributed to Barnabas, written most likely in the first third of the second century AD.

About the books that are opened in Judgment Day in Revelation 20:12, these are mentioned frequently in the Enochic tradition (e.g. in 1 Enoch, Jubilees, the Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs, etc.) as the books that Enoch, the heavenly scribe, writes down the deeds of everyone from all the generations of the world -- which would be used on Judgment Day to dispensing justice.

If you are interested in this literature, I would suggest buying the new translation by Nickelsburg and VanderKam (which is pretty cheap).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That proves that the Bible has been tampered with at the source. If Jude makes blatant reference to the book of Enoch, and they omit that book (and notably, they tampered with the reference itself), then I wonder how many other books have been thrown out because the Catholic church could not use them to promote their own doctrines.

Note that this throws off some of the predictions of (poster name omitted) that are based on the number of books in the Bible. I have no way of knowing how many books there should have been, and there could well be more than 100. Anyone that comes up with a date (whether on this board, the tabloids, another secular source, or a cult) based on 66 books in the Bible is going to come up with the wrong answer--because so many books have been thrown out.

I can think of a few others--the books of Maccabees and the Gospel of St Thomas come to mind immediately.

• Aleman
    Aleman

You know, your right to say that the Roman Catholic chose these 66 books for their own benefit in teaching what they wanted to teach. I heard that they omited the books of Enoch because they didn't know where to put it in the bible, wether in the begining or after Genesis. But that they knew this book was holy provided by God's holy spirit.

-Aleman

• Perry
    Perry
    12 Whose stature was each three hundred cubits.

Watchtowers anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit