From the Book of Enoch

by Aleman 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

Back Satan!knight

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Angels wanting sex with human women....even though they have NO genitals or sex drive, being spirit creatures????????? Giant children??

One question where is Jack and the giant beanstalk and the 3 little pigs.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    The 450 ft. people described in it didn't do much to endear me to it either.

That passage is probably a secondary gloss in 1 Enoch 7:2, as it is missing in the Greek translation of Syncellus and the original Aramaic, it varies in form between the Greek translation from Akhmim and the Ethiopic (the height ranging between 300 and 3000 cubits), and it is also missing from the earliest witness of 1 Enoch 7 in Jubilees 7:21-25 (written in the middle of the second century BC). On account of this, the new translation by Nickelsburg renders the passage as "And they were growing in accordance with their greatness".

• Aleman
    Aleman

In all reality, the bible mentions a man named Enoch who walked with the true God; - Gen. 5: 18 - And Ja´red lived on for a hundred and sixty-two years. Then he became father to E´noch. ; - Gen. 5: 21 And E´noch lived on for sixty-five years. Then he became father to Me·thu´se·lah. 22 And after his fathering Me·thu´se·lah E´noch went on walking with the [true] God three hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters. 23 So all the days of E´noch amounted to three hundred and sixty-five years. 24 And E´noch kept walking with the [true] God. Then he was no more, for God took him. ; - Jude 14 Yes, the seventh one [in line] from Adam, E´noch, prophesied also regarding them, when he said: “Look! Jehovah came with his holy myriads, 15 to execute judgment against all, and to convict all the ungodly concerning all their ungodly deeds that they did in an ungodly way, and concerning all the shocking things that ungodly sinners spoke against him.”

Also we know of a book that even the Roman Catholics admit to be a holy book but omited from the bible. It influenced not only later Jewishapocrypha, but has left its imprint on the New Testament and the works of the early Fathers. The canonicalEpistle of St. Jude, in verses 14, 15, explicitly quotes from the Book of Henoch; the citation is found in the Ethiopic version in verses 9 and 4 of the first chapter. There are probable traces of the Henochliterature in other portions of the New Testament.- www.newadvent.org/cathen/01602a.htm - Where do you think he got his quote from if not from a reliable source like the book of Enoch?

-Aleman

• Aleman
    Aleman

Witness 007,

Have you read that Moses had a rod that turned into a cobra, it turned the sea into blood, killed all first born, Jacob fought Gods angel, and there are many other things that surpass the whole angels making bodies to make children. Come on man! get real!!!

-Aleman

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

All this talk of angels and giants!

It requires several levels of imagination to even be plausible, let alone then rendered of divine relevance to us today in saying we should never have orgies!

btw neither have I but I would not be offended if invited!!

Anyhow, I understand that the human frame and its constitiuent fabric has a maximum height to which it can grow in order to support its own mass! And I believe it to be well under 10ft!!

So imagining giants any larger than this would require other changes to be altered such as atmospheric or gravitational forces!

All of this enchants us into the realms of fantasy adventure and the irony is the existence of fossils tends to substantiate rather than remove such notions!

To imagine there is a great unknown upon which to place ones whole belief at the demands of self appointed divine historical records is as flawed and cruel as the wars it frequently creates throughout history!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Careful, perry, you might hurt yourself;)

S

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

For BurnTheShips --

alt

• sinis
    sinis

Enoch is a rip off from Akkadian and Sumerian myth... as a matter of fact so is Genesis, etc.

• Aleman
    Aleman

I still believe!

3 I, Enoch, was blessing the great Lord and King of peace. 4 And behold the Watchers called me Enoch the scribe. 5 Then the Lord said to me: Enoch, scribe of righteousness, go tell the Watchers of heaven, who have deserted the lofty sky, and their holy everlasting station, who have been polluted with women. 6 And have done as the sons of men do, by taking to themselves wives, and who have been greatly corrupted on the earth; 7 That on the earth they shall never obtain peace and remission of sin. For they shall not rejoice in their offspring; they shall behold the slaughter of their beloved; shall lament for the destruction of their sons; and shall petition for ever; but shall not obtain mercy and peace. - 1 Enoch 12:3-7

1 Then addressing me, He spoke and said, Hear, neither be afraid, O righteous Enoch, you scribe of righteousness: approach hither, and hear my voice. Go, say to the Watchers of heaven, who have sent you to pray for them, You ought to pray for men, and not men for you. 2 Wherefore have you forsaken the lofty and holy heaven, which endures for ever, and have lain with women; have defile yourselves with the daughters of men; have taken to yourselves wives; have acted like the sons of the earth, and have begotten an impious offspring? 3 You being spiritual, holy, and possessing a life which is eternal, have polluted yourselves with women; have begotten in carnal blood; have lusted in the blood of men; and have done as those who are flesh and blood do. 4 These however die and perish.

5 Therefore have I given to them wives, that they might cohabit with them; that sons might be born of them; and that this might be transacted upon earth. 6 But you from the beginning were made spiritual, possessing a life which is eternal, and not subject to death for ever.

7 Therefore I made not wives for you, because, being spiritual, your dwelling is in heaven. 8 Now the giants, who have been born of spirit and of flesh, shall be called upon earth evil spirits, and on earth shall be their habitation. Evil spirits shall proceed from their flesh, because they were created from above; from the holy Watchers was their beginning and primary foundation. Evil spirits shall they be upon earth, and the spirits of the wicked shall they be called. The habitation of the spirits of heaven shall be in heaven; but upon earth shall be the habitation of terrestrial spirits, who are born on earth. 9 The spirits of the giants shall be like clouds, (25) which shall oppress, corrupt, fall, content, and bruise upon earth. 10 They shall cause lamentation. No food shall they eat; and they shall be thirsty; they shall be concealed, and shall not (26) rise up against the sons of men, and against women; for they come forth during the days of slaughter and destruction. - 1 Enoch 15:1-10

-Aleman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit