Scariest Movie you have ever seen?

by Layla33 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I agree with Terry here. I'm not scared easily, so there's not too many movies that have scared me.

Those that did however, were about demons or ghosts of some kind. Probably the scariest were Event Horizon, The Shining, The Ring (embarrassing now...), The Grudge (although I actually laughed at the last scene), and - for some reason I'm not too sure of - White Noise.

All had in common that I still had somewhat of a demon fear at the time of watching them.

Unfortunately, I saw The Exorcist 'too late', and so I didn't find it scary at all. I actually had to laugh several times through it.

The other movies gave me the creeps and made me look behind the closed shower curtains etc. for... I don't know. Demons? lol.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I am a horror fan, but not a gore fan. Definitely agree with Prince of Darkness. The end creeped me out. Alice Cooper scared the crap out of me. That green goo in the chamber gave me chills. Agree with Audition. True horror.

The original film of Shirley Jackson's creepy book "The Haunting of Hill House", with music by Humphrey Searle(??)

"THE HAUNTING" Watch it with all the lights off.

HB

alt OMG, YES!! That movie still scares me. That movie scared me more than The Exorcist. FHN....the skeleton scene in Jason and the Argonauts scared me to death as a kid. But, I love that movie to this day. The most recent scary movie I've seen is El Orfanato (The Orphanage). I wish they made more movies like this now. Some others I lost sleep over. The Thing. altalt Candyman #1 The Blood on Satan's Claw Jacob's Ladder. alt (the dance/party scene with that creature thing tripped me out) Angel Heart alt The Hunger with David Bowie And if you never saw this one, rent it for a good shudder. Sam Neil and Isabella Adjani. Possession (The Night the Screaming Starts) The Believers with Martin Sheen Sisters with Margot Kidder. Scary as hell with some gore too. The Other from a book by Tom Tryon. About twin boys. Chilling. Something Evil (1972) Still haven't figured out what was in the jars in the barn. alt Layla, I sat through the first SAW and Hostel, and that was enough for me.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

The scariest movies in my opinion were those that leave something to the imagination.

• Quentin
    Quentin

There was a time when werewolf movies scarred me...like Terry my view of the supernatural changed along with my fear of the unknown...

Now days movies don't scare me...they can however, depending on the movie, have an impact on my feelings...I can cry, or laugh, or even be pissed off after watching a movie...eventhough I enjoyed "Blood Diamond" it was one that left me angry at the end...

• RR
    RR

The Scariest movie I ever saw was: Jehovah’sWitnesses—TheOrganizationBehindtheName

• Robdar
    Robdar

I saw one last night that put me on edge: "The Mist"

Loved it although it wasn't the scariest I've seen. The ending was a kick in the butt.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Blood and guts are not what scare me, but rather the suggestion put forth by the movie. Blair Witch Project is a perfect example of this. I didn't sleep without a light on for nights after seeing that one. Rosemary's Baby is another good one.

Also, The Shining and Pet Sematary, two movies based on Stephen King novels, were pretty scary to me.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I saw one last night that put me on edge: "The Mist"

Loved it although it wasn't the scariest I've seen. The ending was a kick in the butt.

Yes...this movie went along pretty predictably until the end. I was totally not expecting that one. I felt like I'd been hit in the stomach. I just sat there for a while because I didn't know how to feel.

And the thing I didn't like about Pet Cemetery was that adorable little blond boy getting run over by a truck. I can't handle movies where kids get hurt. Even though he came back as an evil little bastard, I just wanted to hug him.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

anyone seen Antichrist yet?

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

I don't like gore but I LOVE scary films. Some of my favorites:

1) "Ringu" and "The Ring" (both versions had some really good stuff going on, I don't think one was really better than the other, both were great)

2) "Audition" (just plain freaky)

3) "Blair Witch Project" (I knew it was fake but it still scared the crap out of me for months after the fact. Actually, the whole Web presence prior to the film was scarier than the movie itself imho, I was freaked out way before it even hit the theaters lol)

4) "Session 9" (this is my favorite scary movie of all time. I hate David Caruso with a passion, but he actually worked in this movie. This film was as much about set and location and atmosphere as it was about story. Anyone into urban exploration of creepy abandoned sites will get off on this movie. It was filmed at the long-abandoned Danvers Asylum in Mass., which has since been demolished.)

I'm also a big Stephen King fan, but almost without exception it's his books I like and not so much the movies. Actually I prefer any scary book over a scary movie, as the freedom of imagination plays a hugely important role in fear :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit