Scariest Movie you have ever seen?

by Layla33 76 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

1. "Seven" with morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt.

2. "The Stand" by Steven King

• White Dove
    White Dove

All of the Final Destination movies. Hey, there's a 4th one coming out this month! Nothing supernatural ghost or demonic stuff scares me any more since letting go of my belief in demunz.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot! Saw III is the scariest I've ever seen. People are scarier than unseen forces, to me anyway.

• sacolton
    sacolton

ALIEN

In space - no one can hear you scream.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

When I was a kid there was a film called "Asylum" that scared the crap out of me--couldn't sleep well for days after I saw it. I still can't believe my Witness mom took me to see this film when I was only 9 years old! FHN mentioned Jason and the Argonauts and I have to agree that the fighting skeletons were way creepy, but as a kid I also freaked out at the flying monkeys in Wizard of Oz (and the witch's foot-curling when the house landed on her).

These days I'd have to say Silence of the Lambs is my personal scariest movie.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

DJK thank you for the PM about Danvers! It is fascinating. I have sent you a PM back.

When I was a kid there was a film called "Asylum" that scared the crap out of me--couldn't sleep well for days after I saw it. I still can't believe my Witness mom took me to see this film when I was only 9 years old!

lol, I saw that movie in the theater too, at about the same age! The body parts wrapped in brown paper gave me nightmares *shudder* That reminds me of another movie I saw when I was a little kid, "The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane." That one scared the crap out of me too. My dad was very much into spooky and scary stuff, so I got exposed to a lot of "age-inappropriate" books and movies when I was a kid lol. That's probably a big part of why I like scary stuff so much now as an adult.

It would be interesting to see some of the scary movies from childhood again as an adult. They'd probably seem a lot less frightening now, maybe even comical lol.
  • Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

When I was about 12 I watched the original House of Wax. Gave me the creeps for a long long time. To this day I will not go into a wax museum.

Hopscotch

• Gregor
    Gregor

Hopscotch. I was about twelve also when I saw the Vincent Price version of the House of Wax. Messed me up!

But the worst was "Them" about the giant ants. Couldn't sleep for weeks.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I'm glad I never saw "Them" Gregor if it messed you up more than the House of Wax!

Hopscotch

• undercover
    undercover

Most movies don't "scare" me, though many have scary moments in them.

Having said that, I remember when I was a kid and saw Planet of the Apes. The scene when they first showed the apes on horseback chasing the humans through the cornfield. At first you couldn't see the apes, you just saw figures on horses. Then, from Charlton Heston's vantage point, crawling through the corn stalks, they show a huge ape on a horseback and they hit the scary music. I damn near pooped my little boy pants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit