Scariest Movie you have ever seen?

by Layla33 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

JESUS CAMP - hands down the scariest movie ever made... and it's a documentary!!!

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

For me it's:

1. The Thing.

2. The Exorcism Of Emily Rose (not the original Exorcism).

3. The Blair Witch Project.

4. The Mothman Prophecies.

5. The Shining.

• flipper
    flipper

LAYLA - Yeah, I agree with Shawn 10538- Jesus Camp was eerie, scary, because it's really happening in middle America ! Mothman Prophecies - scary , What Lies Beneath - scary , plus it would change any man's mind about cheating on his wife ! Those are a few ! Exorcist - saw it once - don't want to see it again - creepy

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Has to be the Omen series. A friend rented the first three out for me to keep me amused and fruitfully occupied whilst he was at work when I was 16. I was deliciously terrified.

The original Candyman movie that came out in 1992 was the scariest movie that I've ever seen. Just look in a mirror and say "Candyman" five times. The movie frightened my girlfriend so much that she had nightmares about it.

This has to be one of my favourite "first date" movie repasts.

Its not the gory ones that are the scariest for me - its ones that could conceivably happen. These two rate pretty highly for me:

The Beach

Hostel 1

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the beach creeped my wife out

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I was too young and its too odd to share the late night saga!

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Recently watched 'The Descent' a group of women descend into a labryinth and never come out - claustrophobic.
    Further back 'Alien'198o's the scene where the creature bursts out of the guy having lunch.

Witchettygrub

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Jaws maybe... I think thats about it...

I've read LOTS of scary books but movies? Nah mostly predictable... (black sheep was AWESOME though)

• ninja
    ninja

the blob.......you know who I'm talking about

• Terry
    Terry

What scares us is a function of how old we are and what our belief system is.

This became evident to me when I stopped believing in spirits, demons, devils, etc.

Suddenly, horror movies didn't frighten me anymore!!

This was strikingly weird!

I've been a huge fan of Horror movies all my life. I've had my blood turned to screaming ice-water by scary stuff onscreen. Yet,

it all stopped when I stopped accepting the supernatural as valid.

Stop the presses!

Isn't that amazing?

I long to experience the kind vicarious thrill that came from such films once again. But--I can't seem to.

The closest I get is the cheap scare of being STARTLED and not really frightened.

A film such as THE RING can come close to being creepy or dismaying. But, I don't start looking around the room and trembling or carry the dread into my bed when the lights are off.

In my pre-disbelief life I loved THE HAUNTING (OF HILLHOUSE) directed by Robert Wise. (Not the stupid remake.)

My first experience with true fear was the sci-fi film THE THING from Another World (1951.)

The Exorcist was terrifying when I believed in demons and now it strikes me as plain stupid!

I now tend to watch films that are very well made genre flicks like 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later and admire them for what they accomplish.

But--the real horror fear eludes me.

Perhaps someday.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit