Scariest Movie you have ever seen?

by Layla33 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

The Fly - the Jeff Goldblum Geena Davis version seriously creeped me out. Have you ever read Shirley Jackson's short story "The Lottery?" Also seriously creepy.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

This is an older one, you younger ones might not remember.............

'THE NEW WORLD SOCIETY IN ACTION'

and....................'THE PHOTO DRAMA OF CREATION'

Very Scarry!

Outaservice

• XOCO
    XOCO

The scariest movie i've seen is 1960's original version of Rosemary's Baby I can't believe i found that movie in my local library

XOCO

• dinah
    dinah

The "Saw" movies are great. But you really need to watch Saw and Saw II, before you watch the third one. It'll make it easier to figure out what's going on.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

"Blair Witch" was hilarious to me during the first half, especially when the girl was making fun of the one guy's chest hair and the part when the same guy had thrown away the map!!! That was some funny stuff!! I was the only one laughing out loud in the theater! After the "scary" stuff started happening, I knew it was all fake (My sister went on about how it was real footage and based on a true story, yadda, yadda). We argued at the end of it whether or not it was real so I sat through the credits and waited for the "Everything was fake and any similarities with actual persons is purely coincidence" disclaimer to prove it to her.

Having said that, the one movie that left me scared to death was "Prince of Darkness"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093777/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Darkness_(film)

This movie makes it EXTREMELY difficult to ever look into a mirror again!!! I am OK now, but I haven't watched this movie in YEARS...
    Honorable mentions are the scenes in "The Sixth Sense" when the boy runs into his little "tent" and turns around to find himself face-to-face with a dead girl, plus the scene where his mom leaves him in the kitchen for a few seconds only to return to find all the cabinet doors open and his sweaty palm prints as he leaves the table (evidence that he wasn't the one who opened all the cabinet doors)!
    The movie ended on a positive note, though, and it was evident that Bruce Willis's character was a ghost before it was revealed in the movie, so by the end of the movie, the scary factor was diminished.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

The original Candyman movie that came out in 1992 was the scariest movie that I've ever seen. Just look in a mirror and say "Candyman" five times. The movie frightened my girlfriend so much that she had nightmares about it.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I love scary movies with a good plot but hate movies that are over the top with gore for gore's sake. I thought Saw and Seven were over the top and without any real entertainment value.

I thought Blair Witch was stupid. I kept waiting for the movie to start. Finally, I realized this amateurish video WAS the movie.

I loved Psycho, The Birds, The Exorcist, Mothman Prophecies.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I had a hard time getting through Signs the first time. I still can't whatch The Ring. (That's the one with the video you shouldn't whatch right or you get killed?)

• MOG
    MOG

amytiville did it for me.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

"The Shining" bothered me for days after seeing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit